Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

As its closed season I though we Rugby supporters might have some views on this. I'm not sure I fancy the artificial razz a mazz, especial object to not allowing Sweet Caroline, hope fans rebel at that and sing out loud. Last nights T20 was brill, why does cricket need this?
Suppose I better watch the start to review my opinion!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 100

Post by Scott1 »

Can't stand Sweet Caroline ,reminds me of Eddie Hearn!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Looking like being a very poor crowd, where are the non drinking young families, lets hope rugby never tries this, oh well lets give it a chance.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

One of mates who I play cricket with actually works for the ECB and the Hundred is the project he works on, given he spent last year on furlough I'm just glad they haven't canned the whole thing as he may well have been redundant otherwise.

A lot of the negatives when England launched T20 are now being lobbed the way of the 💯 so I'm willing to give it a chance.

It will be interesting to see how it develops, T20 could have faded away into obscurity if it hadn't been for the "rebel" ICL, as the BCCI wasn't much interested in it till it got angry with the ICL so decided to create the IPL to basically drive the ICL out of buisness.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:38 pm One of mates who I play cricket with actually works for the ECB and the Hundred is the project he works on, given he spent last year on furlough I'm just glad they haven't canned the whole thing as he may well have been redundant otherwise.

A lot of the negatives when England launched T20 are now being lobbed the way of the 💯 so I'm willing to give it a chance.

It will be interesting to see how it develops, T20 could have faded away into obscurity if it hadn't been for the "rebel" ICL, as the BCCI wasn't much interested in it till it got angry with the ICL so decided to create the IPL to basically drive the ICL out of buisness.
Did you see the fab T20 last night, Eng v Pak, absolutely brill.

Changing back to cricket, I think 1 of the umpires must be a rugby ref, how did he fail to give that caught behind out, good job there is a review system, I think rugby refs are miles better than this bloke missing that, I like cricket but give me rugby any time.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:38 pm One of mates who I play cricket with actually works for the ECB and the Hundred is the project he works on, given he spent last year on furlough I'm just glad they haven't canned the whole thing as he may well have been redundant otherwise.

What is 100 mate? I love 20/20 cracking day out at Edgbaston
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:44 pm

The Hundred is a new form of cricket being launched this week, so it's 100 balls per team, being done as franchises with a draft system rather than the counties with their contracted players.

It's also being shown on free to air TV (the biggest plus point for me of the whole thing)
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

How are team members selected, do we have any Leicestershire players selected?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 pm

The Hundred is a new form of cricket being launched this week, so it's 100 balls per team, being done as franchises with a draft system rather than the counties with their contracted players.

It's also being shown on free to air TV (the biggest plus point for me of the whole thing)
Thanks mate,channel please?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:50 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks mate,channel please?
It's on the BBC, not sure which channel
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

BBC2 and Sky 1
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:54 pmBBC2 and Sky 1
Thanks 👍
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Atmosphere at the England vPakistan T20s far superior to England at Wembley.
Sweet Caroline, Hey Jude etc have been played since T20 began and I think it’s brilliant.
I shall watch the 100 but I’m worried for my club, Leicestershire and other “smaller clubs” like Derbyshire as I’m not sure how the 100 will help them.
If the money generated is fairly shared then I hope it’s a success.
I suppose it’s a bit like next season’s European Cup for Tigers: I’m not yet convinced by the two pools of teams!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

If you enjoyed going to the T20 you must have had a drink or possibly 2 and possibly a sing along? Cricket authorities associate that behaviour with drunkenness and are trying to find a new format that appeals to young families, not folk who like to have a few to drink and break out into songs, such as Sweet Caroline, that's too raucous for them so they are imposing their own tastes on what you can sing.
Give me Bumble any day, he can turn test match commentary into really entertaining days, he also likes Sweet Caroline. :smt038
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I just don’t get it. 2020 with 3 overs less?

I fear it will just mean money for the circuit of stars who play IPL, Big Bash and some of the other leagues on the circuit.

Re-inventing the wheel...but with further separation from the county sides fans support.