Kevin Sinfield

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kevin Sinfield

Post by ads »

Ooh, I'll have to check out the route, see if he's coming through any where near my house and get out there and give him some support. He'll be about on his final section.

Obvs i'll be wearing a Tigers shirt!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

There's a superb piece on BBC Breakfast this morning about the latest incredible run he is attempting - clearly some emotional feeling about it all at the club........
especially Aled........
Less is more....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Honestly believe that his attributes as a person as well as his attributes as a coach both help and inspire those around him.A great example and leader.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

In very good hands "when" Borths gets the England job
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:25 pm In very good hands "when" Borths gets the England job
One of my biggest worries is that Borths and Sinfield seem like a ready made coaching group to go to England after Eddie goes, that said the way Sinfield spoke about Leicester in that interview I could see him sticking around
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:25 pm In very good hands "when" Borths gets the England job
One of my biggest worries is that Borths and Sinfield seem like a ready made coaching group to go to England after Eddie goes, that said the way Sinfield spoke about Leicester in that interview I could see him sticking around
This has always been my gut feeling.
Sinfield was director of rugby at arguably the most successful side of the super league era. A club legend, one club man. A team where his son is also currently on the books. To get him to leave his long time home and come over to Union as a defence/skills coach, there must’ve been something beyond the salary that made him make the leap.
Likewise getting Walters to leave the S.Africa national setup, albeit he was apparently keen to return to be nearer family in the UK, but even so there must’ve been a carrot dangled to trade the World champions for a struggling English club.
You could even argue that Taylor made a life changing decision to up sticks and leave a head coach role in Oz to come here as attack coach. Yes the league is a step up, but the relocation would have been a massive decision. Albeit it didn’t end as everyone hoped.
Borthwick has long since been marked out as a potential future England coach. Have all of them been marked to come in and be the foundations of Borthwick’s coaching team for when he goes. Come in now, build up the working relationship, so when the time comes they move as a ready made unit. It would surely make the role even more appealing if you felt it was a stepping stone to international coaching.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

This is my fear as well. If the success with us continues, I have seen this group as ready made to step into the England set up after the next world cup. It saddens me to say that we should enjoy this whilst we can as I think we only have a couple of years of it before we have to start again.

As an England fan, having this set up run the national team is mouth watering but as a Tigers fan it is the only shadow over a very sunny start to the season.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Everything I have heard is around the long-term project and I don't see that being within the next couple of years. Maybe the World Cup cycle afterwards, perhaps. We'll see either way but if/as/when it does happen, there will be some really good, solid, effective foundations in place for his successor.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I'm not so sure. He may be offered it but country is very different to club and it's a difficult one. It must be so hard as an international coach, worrying about whether the players that you're looking to select will get injured in a club game and the fact that you only have them for a short window, to get them together. This or course is the reason you see the same players in squads, not necessarily because they're the form players, but because they know the system and what's expected so they can switch into international mode quicker than a new player. And, why a lot of the new players selected go back to their clubs - they've had a taster of what it's like etc

Maybe Borthwick, having experienced that international drumbeat and with success/trophies on the horizon (fingers crossed) with Tigers, but maybe not for a couple of years more, will decide to stay put when he's onto a good thing. Same with Aled, he's done the International thing. Sinfield may be a different kettle of fish.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Just followed Kev from Birstall to Barrow on my bike.. He’s going well .. looks fit and healthy and ahead of schedule
Please go onto the links ands support him with Donations

Go Kevin!!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Gave him a cheer coming through Barrow, great to see so many people out on Sileby Road, the man is a machine!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tracker for Kev

https://livetrack.garmin.com/session/59 ... 35EFD6FDC1

Pace is over 5.5 miles an hour which is good……dropped from just over 6.4mph at start…..this is fantastic.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Thanks for this - it shows what a massive task this is!

Caught up with him (not literally) just before Costock - he looked strong!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Will Findlay, who is running daily half marathons each day in November fir Tom Youngs charity, will be running todays half marathon with Kev starting at 9pm
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

🏃‍♂️ You can follow Sir Kev's progress during his #TheExtraMile Challenge via our Garmin tracker
http://gar.mn/e0ANbG
📲 Text Kevin to 70143 to donate £3 or visit https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundra ... -challenge
www.matthampson.co.uk