Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:14 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 pm
KevinR wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm On the other hand, having not featured on Tuesday and now missing again, I think Dolly is probably out with the injury he sustained in the Clermont game.
There is a school of thought that has Clare ahead of Dolly
Agree, but I doubt Cowan-Dickie would have been in both teams if Dolly had been fit to go on the bench.
That’s very true I forgot about last week
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Heard from a reliable source that MVS has now passed all of his concussion protocols and should be back in full training shortly.

It would be great to have him available for selection for the Prem semi and a potential European semi. Fingers crossed.
Soggypitch
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

This is very good news. A new signing almost for the remainder of the season, although I suspect that there will be a period of monitoring him following contact training to see how it goes, potentially until the end of the season. Is it worth the risk when he can have the whole summer off and come back firing in July for pre-season ?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 pm This is very good news. A new signing almost for the remainder of the season, although I suspect that there will be a period of monitoring him following contact training to see how it goes, potentially until the end of the season. Is it worth the risk when he can have the whole summer off and come back firing in July for pre-season ?
I think I'd see where he is in terms of match readiness for Newcastle and Wasps as I'd get him gametime if possible. The fact is if Reffell gets an injury I'd much rather have MVS at 7 in a semifinal/final than Robinson (no offence to him) or Liebenberg (who I'd keep at 6).

For me if he's ready for minutes, I'd have him on the bench vs Newcastle (probably have Chessum/Wells also covering lock and the back row in case if an early injury) and start him vs Wasps.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 pm This is very good news. A new signing almost for the remainder of the season, although I suspect that there will be a period of monitoring him following contact training to see how it goes, potentially until the end of the season. Is it worth the risk when he can have the whole summer off and come back firing in July for pre-season ?

No chance he will be back in harness playing for SA who will not have the same concerns
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

That's brilliant news! If protocols have all been followed and doctors are happy then there's no reason not to get him back out there and on the bench for some minutes as long as he's fit and ready.

He's the sort of player who makes the difference between being in finals and winning trophies.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... BCRRA&s=19

Taute also back in training it seems.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:37 pm https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... BCRRA&s=19

Taute also back in training it seems.
Not sure how I feel about that other than to say I don't think it's a case of better late than never as he has not impressed for me. That said clearly it's excellent news for him.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Will be interesting to see how Taute fairs in a firing in form Tigers team.

Like others the jury is out for me.

But if he can't perform in this team he never will.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

A fit & in form Taute would for me be our 2nd choice 12.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Looks like George Martin in the latest training video (about 45 secs behind Big Joe) :smt023
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/EthanClamp/status/1 ... 790_A&s=19

Link to see George Martin in training.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:37 pm Looks like George Martin in the latest training video (about 45 secs behind Big Joe) :smt023
Yesssss! Him and MVS will be like having 2 new players
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:31 pm
I think I'd see where he is in terms of match readiness for Newcastle and Wasps as I'd get him gametime if possible. The fact is if Reffell gets an injury I'd much rather have MVS at 7 in a semifinal/final than Robinson (no offence to him) or Liebenberg (who I'd keep at 6).

For me if he's ready for minutes, I'd have him on the bench vs Newcastle (probably have Chessum/Wells also covering lock and the back row in case if an early injury) and start him vs Wasps.
I’d rather Wasps than bring him back on that monstrosity of a pitch at Newcastle.