21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone notice if Kini was warming up and doing contact work with the players before the game?

Noticed Moroni was in the stands.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Offside wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:04 am SB may be waiting for the Prem cup to bring Henderson back. With Wells, Green and Snyman playing well and less need for Wells to drop back to 6 it makes sense not to mix it up at this point.
Chessum emergence has meant less need to rush him back
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:29 am Anyone notice if Kini was warming up and doing contact work with the players before the game?

Kini is training in the same colour bib (white) as Matt Scott in the latest photos released on Instagram
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:22 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:29 am Anyone notice if Kini was warming up and doing contact work with the players before the game?

Kini is training in the same colour bib (white) as Matt Scott in the latest photos released on Instagram
Very good news indeed
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Seen a few people on Twitter asking re. Van Staden and how worrying it is how long he's been out.

Personally I'm more concerned that he's ok, but not surprising. Given he has got perevious with Concussion, less than a year before this one which led to 6 weeks on the sideline.

https://www.news24.com/amp/sport/rugby/ ... s-20200122

I've never known a second Concussion in a year have a shorter turnaround than the first, if anything it will be significantly better.

IMO if we see him in March I'll be surprised!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:22 pm Seen a few people on Twitter asking re. Van Staden and how worrying it is how long he's been out.

Personally I'm more concerned that he's ok, but not surprising. Given he has got perevious with Concussion, less than a year before this one which led to 6 weeks on the sideline.

I've never known a second Concussion in a year have a shorter turnaround than the first, if anything it will be significantly better.

I read somewhere that this one means a statutory 3 month stand down? :smt017
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

fentiger wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:39 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:22 pm Seen a few people on Twitter asking re. Van Staden and how worrying it is how long he's been out.

I read somewhere that this one means a statutory 3 month stand down? :smt017
I think it's 3 in a 12 month period and that automatically means 3 months, but we don't know if he's had any others, however even if not I think it'll be at least 3 months.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Have I missed something about Dolly? He went from zero to hero and England call up and now seems to have dropped off the radar somewhat? I appreciate Montoya is undroppable and Clare is playing well but thought we might have seen his name on a few team sheets over the last few weeks or so..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:51 pm Have I missed something about Dolly? He went from zero to hero and England call up and now seems to have dropped off the radar somewhat? I appreciate Montoya is undroppable and Clare is playing well but thought we might have seen his name on a few team sheets over the last few weeks or so..
He definitely traveled today as a non playing reserve. Possibly horses for courses but I think Clare is deservedly ahead of him at the moment and imho had he not had a long term injury it may well have been Clare who picked up a cap last year
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Dolly is better in the loose
Clare is better in the set piece

For me with Genge away I think Borthwick is making sure our set piece is going well.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:08 pm Dolly is better in the loose

For me with Genge away I think Borthwick is making sure our set piece is going well.
Agreed and the cornerstone of our game plan is a dominant set piece
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:08 pm Dolly is better in the loose

Dolly seems a bit like Thacker. Agree with the reasons behind the selection choice at the moment.. makes sense :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I'd argue Clare has always been clearly ahead of Dolly, and still is. Dolly is a good player but it was the injury crisis that resulted in his England cap, and as has been stated above, if they had both been fit then I suspect that Clare would have been called up ahead of Dolly.

I expect us to lose Dolly as I'm not convinced he is a 3rd choice hooker, and it will be a luxury if we can keep all 3.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:03 am I'd argue Clare has always been clearly ahead of Dolly, and still is. Dolly is a good player but it was the injury crisis that resulted in his England cap, and as has been stated above, if they had both been fit then I suspect that Clare would have been called up ahead of Dolly.

I expect us to lose Dolly as I'm not convinced he is a 3rd choice hooker, and it will be a luxury if we can keep all 3.
Dolly was amongst the recent re-signings!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don’t think it will really be a luxury to have all 3 either

1 Montoya - obvious world class
2 Clare - 30 year old former academy lad, never moved out of the midlands played for us, Bedford, Northampton, Bedford again and then back to us. So obviously wants to stay in the area and whilst very solid he wouldn’t be offered starters money elsewhere imo.
3 Dolly - 22 year old recently re-signed came from Coventry after being released from sale during covid, has his own gym business.

it might not be the case but generally I always feel that lads who have dropped down to the championship tend to value security a lot more than those who have only known starting premiership rugby.