21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by trendylfj »

Unless I read it wrong - Craig (Glaws) got 3 weeks and is free to play on May 2 - no mention of an extra week less if he does the course and Chessum gets 3 weeks and is clear to play on May 9. Don't understand
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:01 pm Unless I read it wrong - Craig (Glaws) got 3 weeks and is free to play on May 2 - no mention of an extra week less if he does the course and Chessum gets 3 weeks and is clear to play on May 9. Don't understand
That’s numberwang!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:01 pm Unless I read it wrong - Craig (Glaws) got 3 weeks and is free to play on May 2 - no mention of an extra week less if he does the course and Chessum gets 3 weeks and is clear to play on May 9. Don't understand
Craig was sent off for a punch, the course is an awareness for concussions, so is only for high tackles to the head or clearouts to the head etc.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:26 pm
Craig was sent off for a punch, the course is an awareness for concussions, so is only for high tackles to the head or clearouts to the head etc.
I understand that but it is the 3 weeks date for ending Craig's ban is 2 May and for Chessum is 9th May. That is what I don't understand
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:41 pm
I understand that but it is the 3 weeks date for ending Craig's ban is 2 May and for Chessum is 9th May. That is what I don't understand
The PRC match counts as a week for Craig, but not for Chessum. Either EPCR is being inconsistent or there has been an oversight in Chessum's case. I'd expect it to be the latter!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:49 pm Might as well use numberwang for red cards from now on!
:smt005
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tigers website says 2 May if he completes the course so they also count weeks not games. You would expect them to get it right so must be weeks not games that count.....at least for Tigers players!!!
As Good As It Gets
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:41 pm
Chessum is free to play again on Monday, 9 May, but if he applies for and completes a World Rugby coaching Intervention, he can return on Monday, 2 May - and would be free to play in Tigers' Champions Cup semi-final at home to Leinster the following Saturday.

He will miss the Tigers' two Premiership games at Harlequins this Saturday and at home to Bristol on 30 April, as well as the Premiership Rugby Cup semi-final against London Irish.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:30 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:25 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:25 pm

Not really just more subtlety in the potential corruption....

My view is it should be a consistent panel across each league, then one member from each leagues panel onto the European one, might get some consistency of decision then.
It's just another indication of EPCR's "big picture" incompetence. Like appointing Brace to officiate last weekend. Ok, given the previous result it doesn't matter, but from the wider perspective it looks poor.
Oh, c'mon. Let's not get sucked into the QAnon, rabbit hole world of conspiracies and underhandedness. You have to believe the officials are honest otherwise the game is unplayable. Certainly unwatchable. Perhaps, to satisfy such worries the EPRC should be reffed only by Southern hemisphere officials? But, honestly, it's not necessary.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, don't worry. But it's an indication of how small rugby still is. Imagine if the game had been as tight as Quins v Montpelier, and the officials have a 50:50 call to make in the last minutes. And it went a certain way.

It doesn't look good.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The European panel should be made up of one from each country. With a pool of 2 or 3 from each country appointed to the role with a rotation so that the same 5 don’t sit together.
That way you have say 12-18 officials who get to have experience of working together and hopefully a homogeneous application of adjudication and sentencing.

That way 2 players who are charged with similar offences get the same adjudication and if found guilty, the same sentences (with the caveat of previous good or bad discipline affecting the sentence)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated the list on page one to include the latest news from the Rolling Maul podcast.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Montoya off the injured list is HUGE for this point in the season!!!
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

On the other hand, having not featured on Tuesday and now missing again, I think Dolly is probably out with the injury he sustained in the Clermont game.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

KevinR wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm On the other hand, having not featured on Tuesday and now missing again, I think Dolly is probably out with the injury he sustained in the Clermont game.
There is a school of thought that has Clare ahead of Dolly
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 pm
KevinR wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm On the other hand, having not featured on Tuesday and now missing again, I think Dolly is probably out with the injury he sustained in the Clermont game.
There is a school of thought that has Clare ahead of Dolly
Agree, but I doubt Cowan-Dickie would have been in both teams if Dolly had been fit to go on the bench.