Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by ABClub »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:43 pm Not really for this thread but see that Faf De Klerk is out for 5 months!
Shame,love him as a player! Do you know Ford's contract status mate, when it's up I think hes off if he doesn't get picked for England. The timing will be right. I'm getting the end of next season for some reason
I believe he signed a 2 year contract last summer which would take him to summer 2022. Lots of talk about him wanting to stay at Tigers until the end of his International career. That would all tie in with the speculation that he may be off at the end of the season although I’ve not heard anything concrete
Ford initially signed what was rumoured to be a £600k 2 year deal in January 2020. So that would have taken him to the end of this season if rumours were correct. Tigers then reported he had "extended his contract for the long term" in July 2020 during the contract re-negotiations.

Given Tigers don't release contract lengths it's impossible to know though.

His extended contract was signed when England appearance fees were still £25k per appearance. So Ford could realistically have been planning for around £250k a season on top of his Tigers deal when he agreed it.
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

ABClub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:48 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm
Shame,love him as a player! Do you know Ford's contract status mate, when it's up I think hes off if he doesn't get picked for England. The timing will be right. I'm getting the end of next season for some reason
I believe he signed a 2 year contract last summer which would take him to summer 2022. Lots of talk about him wanting to stay at Tigers until the end of his International career. That would all tie in with the speculation that he may be off at the end of the season although I’ve not heard anything concrete
Ford initially signed what was rumoured to be a £600k 2 year deal in January 2020. So that would have taken him to the end of this season if rumours were correct. Tigers then reported he had "extended his contract for the long term" in July 2020 during the contract re-negotiations.

His extended contract was signed when England appearance fees were still £25k per appearance. So Ford could realistically have been planning for around £250k a season on top of his Tigers deal when he agreed it.
we haven't seen how the new Messiah (Marcus Smith) performs against decent test opposition yet so I think it premature to expect to bring down the curtains on Ford's England career. The WC is 2 years away and anything can happen in that time so injury/results/form can change. Equally with Tiger's turn around in fortune he might fancy his chances with winning something by staying with us. Post next WC maybe he might be off to earn big bucks in Japan/France but i think he'll stay until then
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerXV wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm

we haven't seen how the new Messiah (Marcus Smith) performs against decent test opposition yet
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy! :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Kelly has obviously done his course to reduce his ban down by a game.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:32 pm Kelly has obviously done his course to reduce his ban down by a game.
He may not have done it but has registered for it. If he fails to complete it the 3rd game ban will be imposed.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm
TigerXV wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm

we haven't seen how the new Messiah (Marcus Smith) performs against decent test opposition yet
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy! :smt002
Nah, that was Cipriani
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Very sadly I've added Liebenberg to the injured list, not what we wanted with the Al's ahead...
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

We need Hanro to have a Wynne Jones style recovers / resurrection.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... rs-6113092

Update on Hanro:

Borthwick provided this update on Monday: "As he scored the try, he took his try brilliantly, he felt some pain, so we did a quick investigation on the field and the decision was at that point in time, the right thing to do was to remove him from the game.

"He's good, he's just getting investigated properly today."

Update on Clare:

With Dolly away with England and Tom Youngs on indefinite leave to care for his wife Tiffany, Tigers are short on hooker options with Montoya set to team up with the Pumas after Saturday's encounter.

Borthwick did hint that Charlie Clare, who hasn't featured yet this season, is getting closer to a return to action.

"He's progressing well," he said. "He was running well this morning, he looks in good shape. He's used this injury break to really focus on coming back stronger and fitter than he was before."

Update on Cyle Brink:

Another player who hasn't featured this season is Tigers' fourth South African back row, Cyle Brink. The 27-year-old hasn't played since his early substitution in the European Challenge Cup final defeat to Montpellier in May.

"He looks to have used this to work exceptionally hard, about his movement patterning, about his acceleration, I think he is going to come back an even better player than he was before."
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks Oakham! 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... rs-6113092

Update on Hanro:

Borthwick provided this update on Monday: "As he scored the try, he took his try brilliantly, he felt some pain, so we did a quick investigation on the field and the decision was at that point in time, the right thing to do was to remove him from the game.

Update on Clare:

With Dolly away with England and Tom Youngs on indefinite leave to care for his wife Tiffany, Tigers are short on hooker options with Montoya set to team up with the Pumas after Saturday's encounter.

Borthwick did hint that Charlie Clare, who hasn't featured yet this season, is getting closer to a return to action.

"He's progressing well," he said. "He was running well this morning, he looks in good shape. He's used this injury break to really focus on coming back stronger and fitter than he was before."

Update on Cyle Brink:

Another player who hasn't featured this season is Tigers' fourth South African back row, Cyle Brink. The 27-year-old hasn't played since his early substitution in the European Challenge Cup final defeat to Montpellier in May.

"He looks to have used this to work exceptionally hard, about his movement patterning, about his acceleration, I think he is going to come back an even better player than he was before."
Cheers
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Reading between the lines and adding 2 and 2 and getting 5

Clare - is running, well we don't know exactly what his injury was but that may mean he's very close...

That combined with no news on short term signings means I am going to make a wild stab and say he'll be in the team vs Bath, plus possibly on the bench vs Saints
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Brink is a big one for me, if he's worked on his acceleration might be Wiese fill in.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:16 am Brink is a big one for me, if he's worked on his acceleration might be Wiese fill in.
Agreed. What a back row we would have with:

6. Liebenberg, Martin
7. Van Staden, Reffell
8. Wiese, Brink (v2.0 now with added acceleration)

Some pretty tasty back row options right there!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... rs-6113092

Update on Hanro:

Update on Clare:

Update on Cyle Brink:

Well thats crystal clear then :smt047
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity