Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

markharbtiger wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:42 am
LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:49 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:06 pm Has anyone an update on Hegarty? My understanding is he didn't return from a HIA the weekend, and as reported in the media, he was previously having some ongoing medical issues related to concussion.
Deacon said he was taken off immediately, not for a HIA (though I’m sure he underwent one), and that he seemed ok in the changing rooms. Obviously a concussion can’t be diagnosed by sight, but it’s maybe promising that he’s ok.

Anyone heard anything re Ilione? I was very disappointed to see him leave the field injured in the second England u20 game. He looked powerful in his brief cameo.
Perhaps Hegarty going off was more to do with being cautious given his recent history. Hope so. Yes agree with yours comments about Ilione.
Yes it's good to see given the nature of his history the club taking a no risk approach with him
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Is there any reason why we can't get an honest injury update from the club?! It seems overly secretive to tell us nothing and frankly unnecessary.
Soggypitch
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:49 pm Is there any reason why we can't get an honest injury update from the club?! It seems overly secretive to tell us nothing and frankly unnecessary.
Borthwick has spoken about how this is the way he likes to have it. He'll provide details when he thinks they are relevant.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:02 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:49 pm Is there any reason why we can't get an honest injury update from the club?! It seems overly secretive to tell us nothing and frankly unnecessary.
Borthwick has spoken about how this is the way he likes to have it. He'll provide details when he thinks they are relevant.
Sorry, I can't be the only one who thinks that's just ridiculous. Or is it literally sacrilegious to ever question SB?!
Soggypitch
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:08 pm
Sorry, I can't be the only one who thinks that's just ridiculous. Or is it literally sacrilegious to ever question SB?!
why should the club give an update? the only people that gain from it are the opposition
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Why do we need to know? A team is selected and you pay to watch them. Borthwick manages them. This season has gone better than most expected.
I expect that they are being managed well behind the scenes and I am please with what is being seen on the pitch.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

I feel I don’t NEED to know - we pay a man to do a job.
He does his job and we are successful!
That’ll do for me - he’s not made any mistakes so far (🤞)
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If it's long term like apparently Henderson there is no harm in saying that surely, there is a middle ground between nothing & everything.

SB goes on about the Supporters etc, well some decent feedback helps that bond.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Borthwick laid out his stance a while ago. He was very clear about it. I respect that he took the time to confirm his stance on the matter and he's stuck to it. To be fair I've often wondered whether players want their medical information discussed so regularly in the public domain.

There was a brief update provided by Brett Deacon this week on Hegarty, TCD and Clare so it's not radio silence.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The big plus for me has been shown already for me. By not stating anything it gave Tom Youngs time and privacy for what is obviously a very tough time. By giving updates on things it means that when you don't they are oddities. To only have updates as the exception not the rule it allows people like Tom to have the privacy they truly deserve
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

markharbtiger wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:06 pm Has anyone an update on Hegarty? My understanding is he didn't return from a HIA the weekend, and as reported in the media, he was previously having some ongoing medical issues related to concussion.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... _like_this

Good updates on some of the injured contingent
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

As I used to say to people at parties who asked what I thought were intrusive/impertinent questions - "And what are you going to do with that information?"
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Do we think Browning may have a knock? Would have thought he may have got at least a run out in the prem cup off the bench and wasn’t in the Notts side either this weekend?
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 pm Do we think Browning may have a knock? Would have thought he may have got at least a run out in the prem cup off the bench and wasn’t in the Notts side either this weekend?
I understand that he was so poor against Coventry that simply he’s been dropped.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:12 pm If it's long term like apparently Henderson there is no harm in saying that surely, there is a middle ground between nothing & everything.

SB goes on about the Supporters etc, well some decent feedback helps that bond.
Wayne - you are quite right there is always middle ground in these matters........a brief update not giving too many specifics is all I would ask. Not expecting a full medical bulletin.

The interesting thing however is that for "heretically" suggesting that it might be nice to have some form of an injury update, I was shouted down in no uncertain terms by one and all (except you). Strange then that this Injury thread is 8 pages long...........obviously nobody is interested at all!!!! :smt003
Soggypitch