Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:59 pm
KevinR wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 pm Nic Dolly posted on Instagram this afternoon from his hospital bed, ‘Surgery done. Ready to work. Stay tuned.’ Good to see a big smile and a thumbs up.
He will probably be in trouble for telling the world.
No Borthwick is clear an individual's medical business is their own personal business, not for the club to share, however if the individual wants to publicly announce it, that's up to them.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Gengey in his post-match interview:
'Calum Green, his knee is absolutely shattered and he grafted for 60 minutes with no cartilage in his knee. Julian Montoya, his MCL is dust.'
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Have to wonder how many players play through stuff like that...
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

We know Callum is going to be well looked after but I hope Montoya is not going to play for Argentina rather than getting that knee healed properly
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 am We know Callum is going to be well looked after but I hope Montoya is not going to play for Argentina rather than getting that knee healed properly
I've had no MCL since teens (surgeon: it's a loose piece of string), and the only problem I had was occasionally needing strapping against twisting. Agility work can be demanding.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

KevinR wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:56 am Gengey in his post-match interview:
'Calum Green, his knee is absolutely shattered and he grafted for 60 minutes with no cartilage in his knee. Julian Montoya, his MCL is dust.'
Would never have known with Green though he is that unsung type of Warrior.
Montoya i agree with jgriffen it is a lesser important part of the knee, but he was immense on Saturday as he is just about every time he takes the field.
There are usually a few players who will go under the knife in close season to get minor things cleaned up
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Also seen on the England squad announcement that Watson is unavailable for selection due to injury, yet 2 weeks ago he was named in the England training squad having just recently returned to fitness...

Has EJ lamed another player in his training??
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think that just means he isn't fit tbh
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

IIRC Watson was named in that training squad just after being named in the Bath 23 but was subsequently removed from said Bath side at last minute then was with the England squad but undergoing rehab.

The old Jones camps breaking players thing got debunked years ago as well didn't it? There was a misleadingly reported stat around 2018/19 that England players missed more days on average after England training than they had previously but it was due to Sam Jones and Beno Obano having huge layoffs which skewed the stats. Hence why outliers are usually removed or at least properly stated when presenting such stats.

That stat coming out lead other analysts and journalists to look at it. I thought they found that injury levels have been increasing across all nations (too much rugby) but there wasn't a massive spike from England's training methods compared to other nations or clubs. Basically rugby causes injuries, more rugby causes more injuries was the conclusion.

Given coaches, hence training methods, move around so much that finding would make complete sense as well. Listing England's assistants with the likes of Proudfoot, Cockers, Mitchell, Gustard, Borthwick, Seibold, etc. All have worked in many different environments, if their methods caused these mythical camp injuries then Proudfoot would presumably have been breaking the Boks forwards as well?

It's just we're now in a tedious cycle of anytime a player gets injured playing or training with England someone posts "Eddie's broken another one grrr" so they get noticed and commented on.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Nic Dolly posted a reel on his insta first look post op. Sitting on treatment table and moving his knee :smt023
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Just seen from Nic Dolly's Instagram story he's doing day 1 of his rehab in Tigers gym, still heavily braced but building strength there...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfrmfOSF ... JmNzVkMjY=

Dolly walking without his crutches in a vid
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lt ... -watch-now

Really good series on Cam Henderson's injury & rehab journey.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Will set up a new one of these for the new season shortly, but worth noting that in the launch of today's training kit, Dan Kelly can be seen running around training, then again so is Joe Heyes who's likely not back from England duty yet so who knows..

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/cl ... t-unveiled