21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 Injury/Suspension Thread

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For those wondering if Nemani is injured. He has categorically denied it, so he's clearly just been rested.

https://twitter.com/nemani_nadolo/statu ... dDJhg&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
HandOfBack
Tiger Cub

Post by HandOfBack »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:21 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:11 pm Apparently Montoya seen today in a brace? :smt009
Was mentioned in commentary he is 100% injured but they didn't say how badly
Can confirm he was in a brace. Fingers crossed its not too bad.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

HandOfBack wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:26 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:11 pm Apparently Montoya seen today in a brace? :smt009
Well I hope the "Brace" around Montoya is better than the "Brace" we had on the pitch today (Ref!) as we want Montoya fit and well with no forward movement, knocks on or a repeated offside that goes undetected during the duration of his recovery!
:smt002
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The drop off from Montoya to Clare or Dolly is huge, its arguably the biggest in any position in our squad between the 1st & 2nd choices.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:47 am The drop off from Montoya to Clare or Dolly is huge, its arguably the biggest in any position in our squad between the 1st & 2nd choices.
True, but that's because we have the top hooker in the world. Both Dolly and Clare are good standard club players. I can't think of another club who has a 3rd choice hooker as good as Clare?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

HandOfBack wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:26 pm
There are several reports on social media that he was seen walking around without, so possibly not so bad.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The Kelly injury shouldn’t hurt us too badly
Scott and Moroni are class together as well.

Montoya would be a big loss, but Clare and Dolly are fine.

I feel like Chessum might hurt us the most. Him at lock helps bring another dimension too the pack. Not many 6ft 8 locks with his agility.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Heard yesterday from a reliable source that Martin has a serious knee ligament injury and is out for the season.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am Heard yesterday from a reliable source that Martin has a serious knee ligament injury and is out for the season.
Would explain a lot. Unfortunately one of the downsides of SB policy, and if it’s season ending nothing lost by mentioning it. He won’t change I know
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:29 am The Kelly injury shouldn’t hurt us too badly
Scott and Moroni are class together as well.

Montoya would be a big loss, but Clare and Dolly are fine.

I feel like Chessum might hurt us the most. Him at lock helps bring another dimension too the pack. Not many 6ft 8 locks with his agility.
Agree mostly, especially re Chessum and if the Martin post is true, leaves us a little short of 6 options if he is banned.
The one thing about Kelly is how much his passing game has improved, which I don’t think the others have. This is allowing Ford to drift out as second receiver and use his passing game wider. Unless my eyes deceived me this is what happened for Saumaki try in Clermont.
Centre wise Porter will be back after the Quins game and Socino can do a job if required
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jansen could do a job at prem 6 imo
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:01 am Jansen could do a job at prem 6 imo
I do agree Ilione needs to be tried too
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am Heard yesterday from a reliable source that Martin has a serious knee ligament injury and is out for the season.
Well thats what peeves me about the Tigers bunker mentality for me it serves to remind us all that fans are only cash cows and the current fact is that anything to do with actual rugby is nothing to do with us.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:06 pm For those wondering if Nemani is injured. He has categorically denied it, so he's clearly just been rested.

https://twitter.com/nemani_nadolo/statu ... dDJhg&s=19
Well strikes me he is like a vintage Ferrari limited use but not to often for fear of breakdowns. Also it is indicative of the consequences of the Tigers keep stom policy when a player has to deny injury
Last edited by sapajo on Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

So worst case scenarios for back row and centre.

Back row assuming we will be without Martin and MVS for rest of season and Chessum for 3 weeks that leaves us Hanro at 6, Reffell at 7 and Jasper at 8 with Robinson or Jansen on the bench. If Chessum not banned or less than 3 weeks then position improves. Playing Quins with Hanro, Refell and Jasper starting is more than good enough.

Options at centre assuming Dan Kelly and Jaco Taute out for rest of season Moroni, Scott, Socino, Porter (in 2 weeks time), Kini (OC only), Lancaster. Of those I would say Scott, Socino and Lancaster are the options at 12 with Moroni, Porter, Scott and Kini covering 13. Lots of good options there and as RB said in an earlier post a Scott and Moroni combination is a class act. I would be tempted to start with them v Quins.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!