Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: George Ford

Post by GB72 »

bendy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 pm
BengalTiger wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:23 pm .... a run of bad results and Eddie will be on his bike well before then.
At which point let's hope the RFU doesn't come hunting for a new coach who's just transformed one of the domestic game's biggest teams....

(although this is a conversation for a separate thread!)
My concern as well, Jones has already stated the intention to leave after the 2023 World Cup and, if all goes well for 2 years at Tigers, you would have to think that Borthwick would be one of the first cabs off the rank to replace him (unless Cockers has taken the forwards job (which may be seen as a step down) to improve his relationship with the RFU and take over the main job in 2 years time).
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by LE18 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:17 am
LE18 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:50 pm
Grimlish wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:24 pm It’s a training squad. Eddie knows all about George and after his injury George probably doesn’t need to be over played or tested in a potentially highly spiced training environment. If we were the run up to a World Cup I’d think it could be significant but as it is…
That's exactly what they said when Tom Youngs was left out and so many others over the years, but they never reappeared.
Sinckler was left out of the corresponding squad in September 2017 after being on the bench for all 3 Lions tests in Australia. Marcus Smith was in the same squad and didn't get capped until the 2021. Will Evans was in a similar training camp with only a handful of Tigers apps under his belt.

It's a training squad.

On Tom Youngs. I'm a big Tom fan but at that point his form had dipped whilst Hartley and George were playing very well in an England side that went on a record equaling run of wins.
I think he also said he knew what Dan Cole offered when he left him out, and if my memory serves me right, he didn't get back in. Its just a polite, or cowardly way, of saying goodbye!
Anyway we only have to endure Jones for 2 more years, then I hope they don't come looking for Borthwick.