Re: Rugby Match Thread - 17th July 2021

Post by JP14 »

Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:01 pm Butchered,embarrassing loss for the French. Oz were much the better team with a man less. Over two thirds possession. This will hurt!
Yes very embarrassing that a third choice French side were less than 10 points away from a 3-0 series win against a full strength Wallabies team.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The French cracked under pressure, the replacement loose head got butchered in the scrum, but over the three-match series there was a lot to be pleased about from a squad with many players with no test experience. Good from an Australian point of view too who have some promising young players. A good series with no complaints from me!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:01 pm Butchered,embarrassing loss for the French. Oz were much the better team with a man less. Over two thirds possession. This will hurt!
Yes very embarrassing that a third choice French side were less than 10 points away from a 3-0 series win against a full strength Wallabies team.
Yes very embarrassing that a team down to 14 for 75 minutes had two thirds possession and at times had France hanging on for dear life. I could understand it if it was a heroic defensive victory for Oz but it wasn’t ,they were by far the better team so for me yes I’m afraid it’s a bad loss. I don’t do moral victories!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:13 pm The French cracked under pressure, the replacement loose head got butchered in the scrum, but over the three-match series there was a lot to be pleased about from a squad with many players with no test experience. Good from an Australian point of view too who have some promising young players. A good series with no complaints from me!
Yes great series overall,I am just commenting on this game. The future looks bright for France and they could be favourites come 2023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:14 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 pm
Yes very embarrassing that a team down to 14 for 75 minutes had two thirds possession and at times had France hanging on for dear life. I could understand it if it was a heroic defensive victory for Oz but it wasn’t ,they were by far the better team so for me yes I’m afraid it’s a bad loss. I don’t do moral victories!
You’ve admitted yourself that France could be World Cup favourites by 2023, this tour will help them towards that goal. Surely this is good experience for the Les Bleus side. Any side of good enough international quality should be able to play test rugby down to 14 men, a red card is no means a given victory for the opposing team, certainly not anymore.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Re NZ v Fiji, both Nadolo and Muri got substituted, not sure if injury etc. I love to watch both in action, but I do wonder about Nadolo’s stamina in particular to last an entire 80 minutes.

Wingers don’t usually get subbed early doors, not sure why Nadolo doesn’t last the distance. I know he had his injury a couple of months ago but even before that he often got hoiked. I guess someone of his size finds it more difficult than smaller/slimmer players to build up the required level of fitness and stamina. I dunno, just an observation.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RichieB wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:45 pm Re NZ v Fiji, both Nadolo and Muri got substituted, not sure if injury etc. I love to watch both in action, but I do wonder about Nadolo’s stamina in particular to last an entire 80 minutes.

Wingers don’t usually get subbed early doors, not sure why Nadolo doesn’t last the distance. I know he had his injury a couple of months ago but even before that he often got hoiked. I guess someone of his size finds it more difficult than smaller/slimmer players to build up the required level of fitness and stamina. I dunno, just an observation.
I didn't watch the whole game closely but from what I saw neither had great games
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYA! 🤪

Moroni not in the 23?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Could be trouble here! Not even looking at it? No it's OK,an unfortunate incident
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great finish but dreadful defending!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Moroni try,he's playing at 11
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Terrible decison by Pearce has just cost Argentina a try after brilliant work by Moroni! In that situation you play on then check after,shocking!
Try from the resulting scrum anyway but still
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly would like to see Tigers try
11. Moroni
12. Kelly
13. Scott
14. Potter
15. Steward
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:34 pm Honestly would like to see Tigers try
11. Moroni
12. Kelly
13. Scott
14. Potter
15. Steward
Me likey!