Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers women's team?

Post by JP14 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:48 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm I think if Tigers were to apply for a Premier 15s franchise then Scarrett would be top of the target list amongst the professionals brought in from other “clubs”.
I would love to see Emily Scarrett and Vicki Fleetwood at Tigers, both Leicestershire born and bred
Was once taught PE by Fleetwood at primary school in and around the time they won the World Cup, would be such a privilege to see two great Leicestershire talents finally don the green, red and white stripes.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm I think if Tigers were to apply for a Premier 15s franchise then Scarrett would be top of the target list amongst the professionals brought in from other “clubs”.
I would love to see Emily Scarrett and Vicki Fleetwood at Tigers, both Leicestershire born and bred
Was once taught PE by Fleetwood at primary school in and around the time they won the World Cup, would be such a privilege to see two great Leicestershire talents finally don the green, red and white stripes.
Well you've managed to make me feel old because I remember her, Manu and Ryan Bower being in the years above me at John Cleveland College :smt005
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Well you've managed to make me feel old because I remember her, Manu and Ryan Bower being in the years above me at John Cleveland College :smt005
Whoops 😂.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:11 pm

My error re school, thanks for that info.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Announced a partnership with Lichfield
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/le ... nouncement
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Found that a bit confusing, is Lichfield women's team going to become Leicester's women's team or are Lichfield keeping their team and starting a joint team with us?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

How I read it was
Lichfield Leicester Tigers
Games at both Lichfield and Welford Road.
Merge at the top level and then working with their junior teams.

My guess is that in 2 seasons time it will split and become more akin to the Nottingham and Leicester deal just done.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 am How I read it was
Lichfield Leicester Tigers
Games at both Lichfield and Welford Road.
Merge at the top level and then working with their junior teams.

My guess is that in 2 seasons time it will split and become more akin to the Nottingham and Leicester deal just done.
I think from reading it that Lichfield currently have 2 senior ladies team one in the Championship and one level 3.

By the sounds of this a merger will mean we take on primarily the main team, build up the secondary team to be inand around the Championship so when the one enters the Premier 15's that the secondary team is like you say in a position in the Championship to take that Nottingham/Tigers style relationship forward
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Good news!!!
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

It seems to me that the England Red Roses have increased their popularity and profile over the last few years but club rugby not quite so much. I hope the women’s game gets a better following and funding moving forward. I think women’s cricket at national level and The Hundred is doing a lot better too so certainly heading in the right direction.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Great news. Hoping this partnership helps build the womens game and rounds out Leicester as a club.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Long overdue, but I do worry about it being a takeover rather than a partnership & where it might leave the Loughborough team come the next review of the "franchises".
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Did not really see the Lichfield announcement coming - all things considered perhaps should have been more switched on to the who , what and where etc....
Still , a good thing and perhaps overdue all told.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Avenues and pathways begin to open up and broaden - can only be a good thing :

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... lege-group
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerSID

Post by TigerSID »

Looks like Northampton have partnered with Loughborough Lightning women's rugby team.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/new ... on-saints/

After moving to Loughborough earlier in the year I was looking forward to seeing some local women's rugby. Not so sure now certainly will not be buying a replica shirt with a Northampton crest on it!.

Welford Rd and Cooke Fields to watch Litchfield Leicester Tigers are not too far to travel....