AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by loretta »

Anyone noticed whether Matt Scott has been called upon for the AI’s?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

loretta wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 am Anyone noticed whether Matt Scott has been called upon for the AI’s?
Scotland have not announced which Prem/Top 14 players are being called up to the squad yet
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:21 am AI's squad of
1. Leatigaga, Van Wyk, Whitcombe
2. Clare, TCD, Vanes
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd(?)
4. Wells, Henderson
5. Green, Snyman
6. Liebenberg, Chessum
7. Reffell, Ilione (? injury)
8. Brink(?), Evans
9. JVP, Wigglesworth, Law
10. Ford, Burns, Lancaster
11. Potter, Van Wyk
12. Kelly, Socino,
13. Scott(?), Porter
14. Nadolo, Browning
15. Murimurivalu, Hegarty
If Clare still injured would like for us to borrow Farnworth potentially for a couple games.

It's pretty good all things considering.
It's a bucket load better than in many of the previous seasons even when we've hardly lost anyone to England!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wiese and Van Staden confirmed with the boks
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

2. Clare, TCD, Vanes
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd(?)
4. Wells, Henderson
5. Green, Snyman
6. Liebenberg, Chessum
8. Brink(?), Evans
11. Potter, Van Wyk
12. Kelly, Socino,
13. Scott(?), Porter
14. Nadolo, Browning
If Clare still injured would like for us to borrow Farnworth potentially for a couple games.

If you look at the fixture list I think it's a bit more positive than this. South Africa and Argentina don't play until 06 Nov so we will likely have Van Staden, Wiese, Montoya and Moroni for the Saints game. Nadolo and Murimurivalu will likely be called up for Fiji though to play Wales on 14 Nov.

We then have a rest week in round 9 and Premiership Cup games so the only Premiership match that's likely to be impacted is Bath.

*From earlier post

Sat 30 Oct - Saints (A) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki

Potential Side vs Saints
Van Wyk, Montoya, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Liebenberg, Van Staden, Wiese, JvP, Ford, Nadolo, Scott, Moroni, Potter, Murimurivalu

Fri 05 Nov - Bath (H) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki, Montoya, Moroni, Nadolo, Murimurivalu, Van Staden, Wiese. *I'm guessing on current form Bath will be pretty happy about this!

Potential Side vs Bath
Leatigaga, Clare, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Chessum, Reffell, Liebenberg, JvP, Ford, Potter, Scott, Kelly, Porter, Hegarty
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm
2. Clare, TCD, Vanes
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd(?)
4. Wells, Henderson
5. Green, Snyman
6. Liebenberg, Chessum
8. Brink(?), Evans
11. Potter, Van Wyk
12. Kelly, Socino,
13. Scott(?), Porter
14. Nadolo, Browning

If you look at the fixture list I think it's a bit more positive than this. South Africa and Argentina don't play until 06 Nov so we will likely have Van Staden, Wiese, Montoya and Moroni for the Saints game. Nadolo and Murimurivalu will likely be called up for Fiji though to play Wales on 14 Nov.

We then have a rest week in round 9 and Premiership Cup games so the only Premiership match that's likely to be impacted is Bath.

*From earlier post

Sat 30 Oct - Saints (A) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki

Potential Side vs Saints
Van Wyk, Montoya, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Liebenberg, Van Staden, Wiese, JvP, Ford, Nadolo, Scott, Moroni, Potter, Murimurivalu

Fri 05 Nov - Bath (H) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki, Montoya, Moroni, Nadolo, Murimurivalu, Van Staden, Wiese. *I'm guessing on current form Bath will be pretty happy about this!

Potential Side vs Bath
Leatigaga, Clare, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Chessum, Reffell, Liebenberg, JvP, Ford, Potter, Scott, Kelly, Porter, Hegarty
Nadolo and Murimurivalu should be with us, neither in the Fiji squad
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:09 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm
2. Clare, TCD, Vanes
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd(?)
4. Wells, Henderson
5. Green, Snyman
6. Liebenberg, Chessum
8. Brink(?), Evans
11. Potter, Van Wyk
12. Kelly, Socino,
13. Scott(?), Porter
14. Nadolo, Browning

*From earlier post

Potential Side vs Saints

Potential Side vs Bath
Nadolo and Murimurivalu should be with us, neither in the Fiji squad
Didn't think Fiji had announced their squad yet but that's great news. Thanks for the clarification kpj T :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

In short then.. the absentees for the AI (Genge, Dolly, Martin, Youngs, Steward, Wiese, Van Staden, Montoya, Moroni) will only have an effect on one Premiership game which is the home match against Bath on 06 Nov. Saumaki will miss the Saints game also. That is unless they are rested post the tournament and subsequently miss the Quins match on 05 Dec. That is good news as I'm not as bothered about the cup matches. Rest week is well placed for us then
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I'm bothered about the Cup games in that I hope they are used to get the full squad game time.

1.Whitcombe 2.Dolly 3.Heyes 4.Snyman 5.Henderson 6.Chessum 7.Smith 8.Evans
9.JvP 10.Burns 11.Saumaki 12.Lancaster 13.Socino 14.Browning 15.Hegarty

16.Vanes 17.van Wyk 18.Hurd 19.Manz 20.Ilione 21.Law 22.Taute 23.Murimurivalu

A side such as that would be brilliant way to look at youth and the senior squad players who haven't featured much yet whilst still being competitive in PRC.

The PRC will always have issues with potential mismatches when different clubs approach it with different targets so results aren't a worry there but it's a vital chance to get many players game time. Having such good player availability and low injuries is of course brilliant but does mean we currently have so good players getting limited game time.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ABClub wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:25 pm I'm bothered about the Cup games in that I hope they are used to get the full squad game time.

A side such as that would be brilliant way to look at youth and the senior squad players who haven't featured much yet whilst still being competitive in PRC.

The PRC will always have issues with potential mismatches when different clubs approach it with different targets so results aren't a worry there but it's a vital chance to get many players game time. Having such good player availability and low injuries is of course brilliant but does mean we currently have so good players getting limited game time.
Let me rephrase that then.. I am less concerned about the results in the cup and 100% agree it’s a great chance for development and squad players getting valuable game time.

Dolly and Saumaki will be on International duty with England and Tonga respectively though
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:32 pm
ABClub wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:25 pm I'm bothered about the Cup games in that I hope they are used to get the full squad game time.

Let me rephrase that then.. I am less concerned about the results in the cup and 100% agree it’s a great chance for development and squad players getting valuable game time.

Dolly and Saumaki will be on International duty with England and Tonga respectively though
I can see Dolly being released back to us for the weekends. LCD and Blamire seem likely to be the hookers in the 23.

I had completely forgotten about Saumaki being called up though to be honest!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ABClub wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:32 pm

I can see Dolly being released back to us for the weekends. LCD and Blamire seem likely to be the hookers in the 23.

I had completely forgotten about Saumaki being called up though to be honest!
LCD went off injured at the weekend, he may not be fit to play at least for the first test
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I doubt Dolly would be played in the PRC anyway.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:39 pm I doubt Dolly would be played in the PRC anyway.
Agreed. Imagine it would be good game time for Clare (if fit) and Vanes
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Or Cowan-Dickie some game time.

My PRC team
1. Van Wyk, 2. Cowan-Dickie/Clare, 3. Heyes
4. Henderson, 5. Chessum
6. Ilione (if fit), 7. Reffell (c), 8. Brink (if fit)
9. Wig, 10. Burns
12. Socino, 13. Porter
11. Browning, 14. Van Wyk, 15. Murimurivalu

16. Vanes, 17. Whitcombe, 18. Hurd (if fit)
19. Manz, 20. Evans
21. Law, 22. Lancaster, 23. Cusick
Last edited by RagingBull on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.