Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by markharbtiger »

Offside wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 pm South African squad announced

Jasper and Marco selected.
What's interesting is how few players selected from the Premiership. Other than our two, one from Saras and one from Sale.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm It might hurt us but I hope Scott gets called up,he deserves it and it was gutting for him last time when he got picked and all their games were cancelled
I wonder if his age will count against him.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dokie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm It might hurt us but I hope Scott gets called up,he deserves it and it was gutting for him last time when he got picked and all their games were cancelled
not so far, he's in squad

https://www.scottishrugby.org/news/scot ... ries-squad
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Good for him, great news. Likely to only affect us for the Bath game in terms of Premiership matches. We are in good shape with Kelly, Porter and Socino as great options.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 pm

That’s good
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Should anyone be interested there is live radio commentary on the Autumn Internationals on TalkSport :

https://talksport.com/sport/rugby-union/965199/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Rory Best to take role with Fiji on their Autumn schedule :

https://www.the42.ie/rory-best-appointe ... 6-Oct2021/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just seen this:

“The South Africa squad travel to France on Friday for a one-week training camp before heading to Britain for a trio of November internationals against Wales, Scotland and England”

Wonder if that means we will be without Marco and Jasper for this weekend against Sale? And if so I’m guessing they will be without their SA contingent..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 pm Just seen this:

“The South Africa squad travel to France on Friday for a one-week training camp before heading to Britain for a trio of November internationals against Wales, Scotland and England”

Wonder if that means we will be without Marco and Jasper for this weekend against Sale? And if so I’m guessing they will be without their SA contingent..
Sale only have Lood in the SA squad
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Wouldn’t this week be outside the window so we can’t/not supposed to release them?

Or if did like Saints and George North would get fined.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:39 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Wouldn’t this week be outside the window so we can’t/not supposed to release them?

Or if did like Saints and George North would get fined.
I think you are right yes
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,they can't go to the camp. Outside the window.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Although we will miss them I think overall it is a good thing that players come to Tigers and then get noticed by their country (Jasper) or resurrect their international career (Scott) based on taking their opportunity and giving outstanding performances. I hope it attracts others in those positions to look positively at a move. Nic Dolly and Dan Kelly are even more outliers that has stepped up a couple of levels. Both may need more time to become regular internationals but they make the path to Welford road look more attractive to similar players.
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else applied for England tickets for November as a season ticket holder through the club and has heard that they have been successful yet? Hoping to get some for my Dad’s birthday but yet to get a call. Thanks, :smt001
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Australia narrowly beat Japan , next onward to Europe for November .....

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rugby- ... 592je.html