AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by RagingBull »

Highlights more how good Borthwick is at lineouts really.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Moroni vs Furlong an interesting match up. Moroni certainly prepared to take anyone on in defence.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I see Lavanini got a yellow card :smt018
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Lavanini card is a red!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

that was dumb!
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Lavanini gathered yet another red and Matera a yellow, fortunately our two current Argentinians were better behaved
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

When we got lavanni I was over the moon. Aggressive, in your face, up for the fight (literally and metaphorically) lock/enforcer. But I am glad he has gone. Bloke has such potential but is a walking card. I have no doubt his reputation sticks with some refs and that has him on the back foot, but he needs to manage that. I thought the Irish skipper was shocking the way he spoke and shouted. No need for that. Farrell needs to get him to wind his neck in as other refs wouldn’t have it.
All home nations (and France) have come up trumps this autumn. Fatigue and not being home to their families may have affected some of the players but I feel the northern hemisphere had the better of the games. Yes, the Welsh v All blacks game was a bit one sided but in the Welsh defence they have been destroyed by injuries.
My cousin, a Kiwi has said that after the obligatory day of mourning after a defeat the knives are put. Out with the old and in with the new. World Cup is 2 years away. These results will mean nothing if the Northern hemisphere doesn’t have more representation in the final and semi finals.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Jacko27 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:57 pm Lavanini gathered yet another red and Matera a yellow, fortunately our two current Argentinians were better behaved
the Matera one wasn't a yellow for me he clearly tries to slap the ball back to his own defensive line so wasn't a deliberate knock on but the robots don't look at that
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Some take away points from the Autumn International Series :

https://www.planetrugby.com/five-takeaw ... ies-round/

Believe that we may add the re emergence of Ireland.....

All told though winning 'friendlies' means little if one cannot duplicate the results when it actually matters.For all involved , that is in France in 2 years time.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

So happy for Dolly- probably added 30% to his annual salary by playing this weekend.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm So happy for Dolly- probably added 30% to his annual salary by playing this weekend.
Apart from the lineout he did well imo,certainly didn't look put of place physically
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

'The Ruck' cites four England players who should be dropped , and those that should come in to replace them....

https://www.ruck.co.uk/four-players-edd ... x-nations/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Comments on Dolly https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59377715

Although Steward and Smith dominated the headlines, Jones highlighted the contribution of Nic Dolly, another of his newcomers.
The 22-year-old hooker was playing for Coventry in the Championship last season before joining Premiership side Leicester in March and made his England debut off the bench on Saturday with the injured Jamie George absent.
"He was eating Shepherd's Pie at Coventry and then he graduated to Beef Wellington with us," Jones said of Dolly.
"He has gone from zero to 100 pretty quickly. What a story in terms of resilience, in terms of just keep doing your work and when the opportunity comes - take it."
JayC2
Tiger Cub

Post by JayC2 »

Dolly has been brilliant for us but he is not international class...

Maybe in time, but he looked out of his depth to me.

Delighted for the lad as no one can ever take that cap away from him now...

Steward on the other hand looks to be one of those players that makes the step up seem easy.

I am also one of those that hopes Farrell is reduced to the bench from now on - or maybe a water carrier :smt003
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

its easy to forget how young Dolly still is, from 4th choice to and England cap in a matter of months, with Clare now back will he even be our bench hooker?