AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by wigworth »

To play devils advocate to your point how many of the players you have mentioned have achieved as much success in their careers as Farrell.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:36 pm To play devils advocate to your point how many of the players you have mentioned have achieved as much success in their careers as Farrell.
Look at the players he had around him at Sarries and their limited gameplan for the most part. They were built on the Wolfpack defence and WW kicking was just as if not more important than Farrells. He had Barritt outside him tackling everything to death and Goode joining the line late providing most of the magic
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

First two off the top of my head:

England's brilliant win at Lansdowne Road when Farrell orchestrated from 10, threw a sublime cut out pass that got Earls to bite out the line but still beat him putting the winger away.

Rugby World Cup quarter-final when he again pulled the strings from 10 as England scored 4 tries in a knockout game and included his lovely no look pass to put Sinckler through. Had Smith or Ford made that pass most would likely be salivating. It being from Farrell doesn't make it any less brilliant attacking play.

I could go on and on. He's a terrific rugby player.

I find Farrell's antagonistic image with some fans odd given that fellow players talk incredibly highly off him. POC on his first Lions tour spoke in glowing terms. LZR more recently.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:38 pm First two off the top of my head:

England's brilliant win at Lansdowne Road when Farrell orchestrated from 10, threw a sublime cut out pass that got Earls to bite out the line but still beat him putting the winger away.

Rugby World Cup quarter-final when he again pulled the strings from 10 as England scored 4 tries in a knockout game and included his lovely no look pass to put Sinckler through. Had Smith or Ford made that pass most would likely be salivating. It being from Farrell doesn't make it any less brilliant attacking play.

I find Farrell's antagonistic image with some fans odd given that fellow players talk incredibly highly off him. POC on his first Lions tour spoke in glowing terms. LZR more recently.
Date of the Ireland match and opponents in the RWC game please. I’ll check them out
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Date of the Ireland match and opponents in the RWC game please. I’ll check them out
www.google.com
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:40 pm

www.google.com
Hahahaha very funny,they dont stand out in my mind so couldn’t have been that special. Like I said I don’t get giddy about an international FH doing things he should be doing anyway I want to go at the end of the game “wow such and such was superb today.” I can’t recall ever saying that about Farrell and its safe to say that I’ve definitely said the opposite more about him with his petulance and his shoulder tackling. You don’t think our attack would be better without him,I almost guarantee it would. It could be special.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Scott - If you're claiming to have a strong enough memory of English rugby over the last few years to confidently state Farrell hasn't had one good performance in in his career then surely your memory should also stretch far enough to remember who England played in the RWC quarter-final?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I guess what I’m saying is is that if Farrell were to move abroad tomorrow and couldnt play for England anymore it would be no big loss. Hugely overrated for me
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:50 pm Scott - If you're claiming to have a strong enough memory of English rugby over the last few years to confidently state Farrell hasn't had one good performance in in his career then surely your memory should also stretch far enough to remember who England played in the RWC quarter-final?
Who said good? Everyone should be “good”, they are internationals for goodness sake. I’m talking standout like we have seen multiple times by Barrett,Russell,Biggar,Sexton etc. And which RWC was you talking about ,the last one and the Oz game?Great win but I honestly don’t remember Farrell standing out
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Oh yeah must have been the last RWC ,we went out the group stages in the 2015 and guess why that was hahahahaha
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Farrell and Smith worked well together-anyone can see that there’s plenty more to come from that combination
Last edited by KiwiTig on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Correct me if I wrong,but wasn’t we the only team to get a TBP v Fiji 2015 in the group stages with Ford at 10 and Lancaster bottled it the next match and put Farrell at 10? 😉
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:55 pm Oh yeah must have been the last RWC ,we went out the group stages in the 2015 and guess why that was hahahahaha
Burgess ? Or Lancaster ? Robshaw ? Go on.....
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Ah well. I disagree completely. Probably best to leave it at that.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:55 pm Oh yeah must have been the last RWC ,we went out the group stages in the 2015 and guess why that was hahahahaha
Burgess ? Or Lancaster ? Robshaw ? Go on.....
Farrell,looked great against Fiji in the first game. Oh it’s only Fiji you say,is that the same Fiji that no one else scored a TBP against in our group? 😉