New kit 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit 21/22

Post by trendylfj »

To all who know me - wedding anniversary/Xmas/birthday pressie/you owe me something pressie - NO! NO! NO! - Don't like them at all
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:29 pm To all who know me - wedding anniversary/Xmas/birthday pressie/you owe me something pressie - NO! NO! NO! - Don't like them at all
Ditto

Our colours are red white and green, not orange!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The home kit looks a lot better in the press release in my opinion, especially as you can see the detail a lot better.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Like I say every year, I’m not interested in buying a shirt - I don’t like the feel of them as an every day garment. But give me a cycling jersey in club colours.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

ads wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 pm The away one looks very Castleford Tigers to me.
In actual fact, I only live about 10 minutes away from Castleford so I might actually get one as it could confuse the hell out of some people round here!!
That was my thought the moment I saw the back..not a patch on the 20/21 away shirt, but I prefer the home over last season's.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 pm The home kit looks a lot better in the press release in my opinion, especially as you can see the detail a lot better.
Agreed, once I've seen the detailed view I do think they look better, still not sold on it though... My blue kit from last season will get a few more trips to Welford road before trading in...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whatever your views on the kits’ designs, I’m sure everyone can agree this is really good:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRomSmDD-h1 ... =copy_link
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

LE18 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 pm Our colours are red white and green, not orange!
It’s a change kit! You must have really got on well with that all orange number we had a few seasons ago! :smt044
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:50 pm Whatever your views on the kits’ designs, I’m sure everyone can agree this is really good:

I understand the emotional attachment and the sense of privilege a supporter would have. I am very pleased for him.

I am just trying to work out if this is a good or superbly designed rugby shirt what would bad or terrible look like? What would have to happen to make it so? Blue and white stripes? Where is the design? I am happy to learn..........
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Traveller wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:50 pm Whatever your views on the kits’ designs, I’m sure everyone can agree this is really good:

I understand the emotional attachment and the sense of privilege a supporter would have. I am very pleased for him.

I am just trying to work out if this is a good or superbly designed rugby shirt what would bad or terrible look like? What would have to happen to make it so? Blue and white stripes? Where is the design? I am happy to learn..........
I was just sharing it as a general thing and thought it would be appreciated regardless of one’s view of the kit designs, it was not intended to change people’s minds on them, :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm
LE18 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 pm Our colours are red white and green, not orange!
It’s a change kit! You must have really got on well with that all orange number we had a few seasons ago! :smt044
Hated it. :smt022

I realise that different shirts are needed to bring in cash, but I also dislike seeing a Tigers crowd where some are wearing our Green, others grey, black, orange etc etc, an outsider looking in would think 4 or 5 different sides were playing! Our tradition colours are well recognised, even around the world, I particularly like wearing my traditional collared ones when travelling, its great passing through airports etc to see and hear folk saying there's a Tigers supporter.

What do they say to those in Blue shirts, hey Chelsea? ugh.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I loved the black European one a couple of seasons back
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Not the return of the orange mankini!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Hideous! We'll be playing with 13 soon........ Ang on.... We did that for a fair portion of last season anyway! 🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:24 pm
Traveller wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm

I was just sharing it as a general thing and thought it would be appreciated regardless of one’s view of the kit designs, it was not intended to change people’s minds on them, :smt023
No. I think it's a really nice story. Wasn't being critical of the story itself. Just the 'design'. I don't know what design means any more. That said we seem to have dodged a bullet compared with the Saints effort. Are people setting out to design shirts that absolutely no one would ever want to wear.