New kit 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit 21/22

Post by LE18 »

We, of the older brigade, the ones everybody think are well off, cant be wearing the current shirts, short sleeves, no collars, stretchy but still cant get em on, we need something to keep us warm, collars, long sleeves, long tail shirts that keep us warm, cover our bellies and can occasionally be worn with a tie when we are going out clubbing. Come on Tigers why are we not getting them? :smt022
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Good news is the young man in the shop knew nothing and they now have the classic kit in store…bad news is it has one red and one green arm :smt017
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:56 pm Good news is the young man in the shop knew nothing and they now have the classic kit in store…bad news is it has one red and one green arm :smt017
They only got them in today, I had one picked up!
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

And the cotton replica's - which look really good - have sold out in just over day. Yet another own goal from the shop!!!
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:58 pm And the cotton replica's - which look really good - have sold out in just over day. Yet another own goal from the shop!!!
How long before they are back in stock, I need a new one before i go to Bordeaux?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Great that all the stock has been sold…as for an own goal, we need to remember that the money available to spend needs to be carefully managed and you cannot afford to have excessive stock. I am sure that further orders will be arriving soon.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
bendy

Post by bendy »

Exactly. The "own goal" would be having hundreds of unsold shirts left over that just get binned / given away.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Got one of the classic shirts today. Quite like them apart from the STIHL plastic sponsors patch on the sleeve.
A2O
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Glad some fans like the “Classic shirt” but I too went into the shop on Friday night: thought the shirt was awful in quality and design! Just me but I will stick with my old bright,,green and white short sleeved one with NEXT on the front and my long sleeved Superdry one.
Pleased they are selling as there seemed plenty in the shop when I went in.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:27 pm Glad some fans like the “Classic shirt” but I too went into the shop on Friday night: thought the shirt was awful in quality and design! Just me but I will stick with my old bright,,green and white short sleeved one with NEXT on the front and my long sleeved Superdry one.
As per usual the quality looks shocking in the photo I have seen and the plastic thing on the arm is awful too…

I often wonder if we will ever get a decent kit maker again…

It’s very sad you can’t wear your clubs top because it’s substandard in this day and age! I can take the designs being bad but the quality is just embarrassing once again…already looks like they’ve been washed 20 times :smt009
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Disagree that the quality is poor. People may not like the design but nothing wrong with the material/workmanship .
A2O
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

It also talks about a special one off jersey for the Quins game, anybody in the know got any hints?
Do we know if this is the players only or will they be selling them in the shop?

Also anyone got and ideas?

If it is a one off and the design is good would make a great Christmas present.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Have several shirts, matchdays is the 2008 regardless, or the signed Euro black, still a gem. Casual is the SuperDry and in the summer, the multicolour training one. The ones with big wrong colour patches on were a waste of money. IMHO. :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:27 pm Glad some fans like the “Classic shirt” but I too went into the shop on Friday night: thought the shirt was awful in quality and design! Just me but I will stick with my old bright,,green and white short sleeved one with NEXT on the front and my long sleeved Superdry one.
As per usual the quality looks shocking in the photo I have seen and the plastic thing on the arm is awful too…

I often wonder if we will ever get a decent kit maker again…

It’s very sad you can’t wear your clubs top because it’s substandard in this day and age! I can take the designs being bad but the quality is just embarrassing once again…already looks like they’ve been washed 20 times :smt009
Not had a look at the traditional cotton ones but the sport material one I bought in the summer was well made and is comfortable to wear.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Thanks Sam.

I realised I haven’t actually touched one to know it’s bad quality just basing off a photo and comment so poor from me.

I guess I’m just gutted with the red arm and awful huge logo so suppose I’ll have to shell out £70 for a retro one :smt022

It’s just with England now being :censored: Umbro gear it just means my two teams have substandard gear I don’t want to wear and it’s frustrating