New kit 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New kit 21/22

Post by wigworth »

While not official kits I can recommend Black and Blue 1871 for their more classic styled cotton shirts. They have a Leicester style shirt as well as many different styles of England shirts. The do cost just shy of £100 so they are pricey but the quality is excellent and they are one of the only options to get more classic style shirts.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:50 am Thanks Sam.

I realised I haven’t actually touched one to know it’s bad quality just basing off a photo and comment so poor from me.
To be fair I had a similar first impression when I saw them in the club shop at the Bath game. Looked fuzzy and slightly/almost like they were "out of focus". Unfortunately embroidered sponsor logos seem to be a thing of the past; just seem to get the club badge sewn on.
It’s just with England now being :censored: Umbro gear it just means my two teams have substandard gear I don’t want to wear and it’s frustrating
Having spent 30 minutes walking around the shop at Twickenham a few weeks back, I can't actually see the issue with the Umbro kit, bar some people not liking the brand. The quality of the merch looked excellent, certainly no less than the previous provider Canterbury (who, incidentally, manufactured the only Tigers shirts I have that have had the sponsor logos fall off).

As for substandard, having been in Quins' club shop on the same day, all I can say is I'm glad we a) run our own shop and b) don't have such a limited range of merchandise from a big manufacturer as they do with adidas, with all branding being printed on, no classic range at all and very little choice bar their "special occasion" replica shirts. At least with Samurai everything in the replica range is subliminated. £40 for a plain polycotton shirt with adidas stripes and a Quins logo. No thanks.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Have just purchased a couple of both Home and away shirts as Xmas presents and have seen far,far worse around.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
CrumbieGrumbler

Post by CrumbieGrumbler »

What happened to us wearing the one-off shirt against quins in the end?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

CrumbieGrumbler wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:55 am What happened to us wearing the one-off shirt against quins in the end?
No idea, but they were obviously produced, numbered and auctioned. I wonder if there's some premiership regulation we fell foul off; I've seen the question asked on both Facebook and Twitter and there's been no response from the club?
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

CrumbieGrumbler wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:55 am What happened to us wearing the one-off shirt against quins in the end?
We did wear it, it's the Christmas players shirt. Replicas are also in the shop.