New kit 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: New kit 21/22

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 pm Really like the away kit although like others have said I would have liked to see more going on on the front of the shirt.

The home kit is so close to being great, personally would have preferred full red hoops and no red sleeve, that said I think it may grow on me as the season goes on.
Agreed. Away kit reverse is great. Imaginative and different and personally I’m a big fan. Front is pretty bland but overall I like it a lot.

The less said about that home kit the better. Disappointing..
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Looks a bit Meh.

Then again, last years away kit was a hard act to follow.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 pm Really like the away kit although like others have said I would have liked to see more going on on the front of the shirt.

The home kit is so close to being great, personally would have preferred full red hoops and no red sleeve, that said I think it may grow on me as the season goes on.
The photos of the away kit are not very good. The front of the shirt which looks like its plain white has actually got the new Tiger mural on it.

I am sure the home kit will grow on you when you see it close up and personal
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Not sure about the home kit. However the away kit is a distinct improvement on recent years.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where can I see the images please?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

All the images floating around are pretty meh quality screenshots.

Wish they would just release some proper official photos now.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

We’ll get a lot more shots of the back of the away kit (I hope) as Tigers backs outpace anyone trying to catch them, and forwards maul and scrum relentlessly towards the goal line... :smt003
Last edited by markharbtiger on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:55 am All the images floating around are pretty meh quality screenshots.

When is the official release RB?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:58 am
RagingBull wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:55 am All the images floating around are pretty meh quality screenshots.

Today I think
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:48 am
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:58 am

Today I think
Thanks! 👍
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:29 am The photos of the away kit are not very good. The front of the shirt which looks like its plain white has actually got the new Tiger mural on it.
I went back to the app and had another look - it’s not very clear, but you are right. Interesting!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

And TBH I liked the video for the away shirt :smt003 - you can see the motivation for the shirt from pictures of a Tiger pouncing...
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Seen the away kit now on the app, and I'm not sure....

Sad to say it might be another season I don't buy a shirt. I'm all for crazy designs on the away shirt, which will always split opinion. Thats great, even if I don't like it, but why can they not just give us a pretty traditional home jersey. You don't see Bath and Saints doing stupid things with their hoops. I just want good quality, fairly traditional Green, Red and White hoops. Not sashes, not half hoops and blocks of colour, just hoops. Mess with the thickness but just give me hoops!!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Personal taste as always , but there have been far worse creations than these kits in terms of looks - T.he Premiership is full of fashion statements.The manufacturers are fortunate , there will always be a dedicated market.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:54 am Personal taste as always , but there have been far worse creations than these kits in terms of looks - T.he Premiership is full of fashion statements.The manufacturers are fortunate , there will always be a dedicated market.
Agree completely, I just want a certain shirt from a few years ago and won't be happy until I get it! :smt003

Although having just had another look at both of them, they're not as bad as I first thought. Hopefully be even bettern in the flesh.