New rules introduced August 1st

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: New rules introduced August 1st

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Offside wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:44 am Going from a red and then several weeks further ban to only 20mins seems a big jump. Red in game with no further ban unless malicious would be the first step. An orange 20 mins and sub off for the more rugby incidents would be fine in the long run.

Better policing of the off side line or moving it back to 1m from the hindmost part of anybody in the ruck would be another option to make space for attacking.
England and France against the changes so can't see that rule over here any time soon to be honest
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

After rethinking a little, I think an orange card with 20 minutes would be a better idea than making reds 20 mins because a red card IMHO should be for a faul with malicious intentions (in the Dylan Hartly / thug mold - stamping, gauging etc etc), similar to the headmaster of a school sending you home for being a naughty boy or girl. An orange IMHO should be for a mistimed tackle which might be a little high or for some of the silly offences reds are now given for. I still prefer 80 minutes with 15 vs 15 though.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:28 am I disagree about kick tennis.. I think Ford will be relishing this new rule change and with our rolling maul I can only see this helping our style of play. Hopefully it will mean less aimless box kicking and more kicking for the corner and to touch
Why does the rule change mean that the rolling maul becomes more important?
Because with a successful 50/22 kick, you'll get the throw in instead of the opposition.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 am
Offside wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:44 am Going from a red and then several weeks further ban to only 20mins seems a big jump. Red in game with no further ban unless malicious would be the first step. An orange 20 mins and sub off for the more rugby incidents would be fine in the long run.

Better policing of the off side line or moving it back to 1m from the hindmost part of anybody in the ruck would be another option to make space for attacking.
England and France against the changes so can't see that rule over here any time soon to be honest
Isn't it in place for the whole world for 12 months starting from August?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Think the other rules are but thought the red card rule hasn't yet been approved
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Think the other rules are but thought the red card rule hasn't yet been approved
Yes,sorry had a moment 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:28 am I disagree about kick tennis.. I think Ford will be relishing this new rule change and with our rolling maul I can only see this helping our style of play. Hopefully it will mean less aimless box kicking and more kicking for the corner and to touch
Because with a successful 50/22 kick, you'll get the throw in instead of the opposition.
Ahh thanks, I thought was just discussing the drop-out after held-up. I agree that would definitely help us with Ford probably the best tactical kicker in the game.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

SthrnTiger wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 am

Ahh thanks, I thought was just discussing the drop-out after held-up. I agree that would definitely help us with Ford probably the best tactical kicker in the game.
Still means there will be kick kick kick.....not, to my mind, being mitigated with the chance of a rolling maul. Prefer to see ball in hand movements, but then I'm the burnt out remnant of a speedy back, not the Pilsbury Dough boy of an old prop. :smt043
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.