Tom Youngs Verdict

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tom Youngs Verdict

Post by GB72 »

Seems like a very rare outbreak of common sense. Something wrong was done in the heat of the moment, nothing was meant by it, apologies were made, all parties were happy, RFU had to do something and so a guilty plea and what is basically a slap on the wrist and don't do it again.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if he didn't want the matter to be taken further he shouldn't have put it in his report at all, as soon as he did the suits would feel the need to act.

But fair play to him for that statement
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:42 pm if he didn't want the matter to be taken further he shouldn't have put it in his report at all, as soon as he did the suits would feel the need to act.

But fair play to him for that statement
He did not put it in his report,
Tom Youngs has apologised and I didn’t expect the matter to be taken
any further or I would have reported it to the RFU discipline department."

The actual conversation was picked up the refs mic and broadcast over the airwaves so action was taken by either the Citing Officer or RFU............either way, it was not good and Tom has got off with a very suitable penalty,
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Fair play to Tempo, and good luck to the kids who are going to be subject to OTY being a ref.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Just concerned who will be subbing Tom in the second half ??

Lets hope fair play is enacted by the RFU and Bristol are dealt with in such an appropriate manner for causing the whole situation ??
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not unreasonable outcome really, Tom as a referee would be worth watching lol.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the big question about Tom Youngs is this, is he even our second choice hooker going forward?

Montoya is number 1, but has Clare surpassed Tom?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:30 pm the big question about Tom Youngs is this, is he even our second choice hooker going forward?

Montoya is number 1, but has Clare surpassed Tom?
Clare's form is good but I think Tom offers more. Montoya is of course a cut above.
tigerburnie wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:26 pm Not unreasonable outcome really, Tom as a referee would be worth watching lol.
The forwards won't be getting away with any funny business that's for certain.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I think Ian Tempest could not fail to put the comments into his report as it was clearly picked up on his microphone and broadcast. I think his statement was fair and puts him up in my estimations as I think it would be easy to say nothing as conciliatory and a longer ban would have been handed out. He may deserve a round of applause next time he refs are Welford Road :smt023 :smt044
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

I’ve always been impressed by Ian T as a referee and defended him after the Bristol game on this forum - hopefully his mature and gracious statement will bring others inside!
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Bristol got what they deserved today.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

chris111 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 pm I’ve always been impressed by Ian T as a referee and defended him after the Bristol game on this forum - hopefully his mature and gracious statement will bring others inside!
Tempest is not a bad referee.. the debacle at the end of the match wasn’t helped by Dickson being TMO who was useless and the linesman not saying anything during that final scrum. Tempest couldn’t see and asked his officials who kept quiet so I don’t blame him for that. How he handled Bristol lying I also thought was fine. Perhaps we might have seen a card earlier, maybe a penalty try but that’s open to interpretation
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

At least the kids scrum might be refereed correctly which more than most prem games
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

mightymouse wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:15 pm At least the kids scrum might be refereed correctly which more than most prem games
Scrums at a youth level are much easier to officiate anyway, as no one tries to pull it down unlike at professional level.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

The RFU announce Tom Youngs has been given a 2 week ban for his behavior at the end of the Bristol game. 1 week has already been served; the 2nd is suspended as long as he completes a ref's course and takes charge of 2 age grade games. Fair I reckon

EDIT: and no further action taken against Pat Lam or Bristol. Unbelievable.