Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Scott1 »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:29 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:04 pm Wonder who will get the TV deal? Hope its BT or SkySports and not Premier Sports!
It's staying on Premier Sports unfortunately, but apparently there will be live games on BBC Wales and S4C. Not sure if there will games on BBC Scotland or NI.
Shame,thanks! Let's hope Freesports have the odd game too 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

South African teams playing in a historically European competition seems wrong. As does the the top team from each of the 4 groups in the URC qualifying. Now there’s a guaranteed place for a Welsh and Scottish/Italian team, regardless of where they actually finish in the overall URC table.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

S4C is great as the "pundit" makes more sense than Dayglo.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:21 pm S4C is great as the "pundit" makes more sense than Dayglo.
😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:30 pm South African teams playing in a historically European competition seems wrong. As does the the top team from each of the 4 groups in the URC qualifying. Now there’s a guaranteed place for a Welsh and Scottish/Italian team, regardless of where they actually finish in the overall URC table.
Isn't that already the case?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:29 pm
LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:30 pm South African teams playing in a historically European competition seems wrong. As does the the top team from each of the 4 groups in the URC qualifying. Now there’s a guaranteed place for a Welsh and Scottish/Italian team, regardless of where they actually finish in the overall URC table.
Isn't that already the case?
It was but they changed it because the Italians kept getting hammered and guaranteed their opponents 5 points in every game. I believe that's why anyway
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:04 pm Wonder who will get the TV deal? Hope its BT or SkySports and not Premier Sports!
It's staying on Premier Sports unfortunately, but apparently there will be live games on BBC Wales and S4C. Not sure if there will games on BBC Scotland or NI.
Scottish games are televised on BBC Scotland and BBC Alba. You only get Ulster games on BBC NI.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Scottish games are televised on BBC Scotland and BBC Alba. You only get Ulster games on BBC NI.
Thanks,I'll keep em peeled 👀
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Many matches available 'Free To Air' ,dependant on your whereabouts ......

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4594197
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I'm confused as to just how big the Champions cup will be. 8 teams from the Prem, 8 from the URC and 8 from the French in a 16 team competition I have seen so far. :smt017
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:42 am I'm confused as to just how big the Champions cup will be. 8 teams from the Prem, 8 from the URC and 8 from the French in a 16 team competition I have seen so far. :smt017
Is it 8 per league forever going forward or are they post covid dropping it to the top 6?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I've just seen in today's paper 8 from the URC consisting of the leading team from each regional pool (SA, Wales Ireland, Scot/it) along with the next four highest placed teams in the URC table. So, 4 each England and France????
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

https://www.epcrugby.com/2021/06/16/key ... announced/

24 clubs next season. 4 pool games and then a round of 16. The rest and future not yet decided.

I'm going to guess 8 groups of 3 playing home and away with top 2 going into round of 16. Or they could be silly with 6 groups of 4 🙄
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It really is just like the Eurovision song contest isn't it, devalued and hardly developing European Rugby bringing in Southern hemisphere teams. As for the carbon footprint with multiple flights for games, very pc.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm It really is just like the Eurovision song contest isn't it, devalued and hardly developing European Rugby bringing in Southern hemisphere teams. As for the carbon footprint with multiple flights for games, very pc.
It's purely my opinion, but I disagree with every sentiment expressed. How can including the 'strongest' SA teams not develop European teams? No-one is being kicked out to make way for them in the URC. As for carbon footprint, I don't know distances, but the old Super Rugby was hardly green. As SA is a long way from any other major rugby playing area, are you saying that they should just be confined to domestic competition and maybe Namibia?