Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: The Play Offs...

Post by Big Dai »

loretta wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 am
Dokie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 am
iceman_19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 pm Very surprised but delighted to see karma come back to bite Pat Lam after such a short amount of time. Usually it takes a bit longer - the 16 man Ospreys incident was about 7 years after the Hand of Back!

On field stuff like hands in the ruck, offsides etc I don’t mind - all sides try it - but the off-field calculated skullduggery is something that really grates me. It will make Bris difficult to like for a while, despite Lam being an undeniably good coach with an exciting squad - although, he will have to answer questions about how mentally prepared his squad is after today.

Delighted for Quins. Lots of young and unsung talent and play a bonkers brand of rugby that is a lot of fun to watch - and, given their comebacks this season, their attitude, fitness and backbone needs serious praise. Well done Evans and the gang - what a group of talented coaches.

Bristol fans should be a bit worried though. Twice this season they have bottled knockout games they should have won (today was on a different level, mind). There’s obviously a mental fragility or laziness there and this could either scar or inspire them. Also, I am not sure if they have finished their recruitment but they are losing Malins, Earl and S Piutau (amongst others) and I have not yet seen any obvious replacements. There is a risk that - particularly without Sarries - this was their big opportunity and they have blown it.
The hand of Back was against the Scarlets. That’s at least like confusing Tigers with Saints. They’d love you for that! 😂
Munster, actually. They were in red though.
...... It was in Wales though.....I know 'cos I was there, shoulders back, lovely boy, Show' em off!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Jack Nowell gave a good demonstration of why he could/should have played at full back for England over the past few years.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:51 am Sheedy laughing when he missed the conversion at 28-0 and then when he tried the grubber in his own 22 a few minutes later said it all for me about Brissol - thought they’d won it after 30 minutes . Putting the other week aside ..... glad they lost but taking the other week into consideration triple glad they lost.
especially when Lam said at the end we had some niggles and were down to 13 in the end.... You should have been down to 13 against us !!!!
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

daktari wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 pm Might not be able to watch this such as my hatred for Chiefs!
Manu off YC
Swinging arm that should have been red, sorry but red for me
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm Pathetic from McGuigan after the O'Flaherty try
Should have been a yellow and a penalty restart to Exeter
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:50 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:49 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Not really,I actually detest Chiefs and lots hate Sarries.
Might regret asking, but what is there to hate or detest about Exeter? Sarries and the cheating fair enough.

I get that the rugby Exeter play isn’t flashy, even though I quite like it but surely style of play isn’t enough to warrant such feelings
Don’t like their fans,don’t like their players and Baxter is two faced too
Absolute garbage great fans, great team and manager, remind me a lot of Tigers back in the day, probably why I like them
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Pellsey wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:38 pm So now I hope the hairy queens win next week now. Cant stand Sanderson so I'd hate it if Sale won and Exeter get away with too much.
Come on Chiefs
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Chobbsy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:57 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:50 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Might regret asking, but what is there to hate or detest about Exeter? Sarries and the cheating fair enough.

I get that the rugby Exeter play isn’t flashy, even though I quite like it but surely style of play isn’t enough to warrant such feelings
Don’t like their fans,don’t like their players and Baxter is two faced too
Absolute garbage great fans, great team and manager, remind me a lot of Tigers back in the day, probably why I like them
+1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYQ,do rugby a favour!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

iceman_19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 pm Very surprised but delighted to see karma come back to bite Pat Lam after such a short amount of time. Usually it takes a bit longer - the 16 man Ospreys incident was about 7 years after the Hand of Back!

On field stuff like hands in the ruck, offsides etc I don’t mind - all sides try it - but the off-field calculated skullduggery is something that really grates me. It will make Bris difficult to like for a while, despite Lam being an undeniably good coach with an exciting squad - although, he will have to answer questions about how mentally prepared his squad is after today.

Delighted for Quins. Lots of young and unsung talent and play a bonkers brand of rugby that is a lot of fun to watch - and, given their comebacks this season, their attitude, fitness and backbone needs serious praise. Well done Evans and the gang - what a group of talented coaches.

Bristol fans should be a bit worried though. Twice this season they have bottled knockout games they should have won (today was on a different level, mind). There’s obviously a mental fragility or laziness there and this could either scar or inspire them. Also, I am not sure if they have finished their recruitment but they are losing Malins, Earl and S Piutau (amongst others) and I have not yet seen any obvious replacements. There is a risk that - particularly without Sarries - this was their big opportunity and they have blown it.
The hand of Back was against the Scarlets. That’s at least like confusing Tigers with Saints. They’d love you for that! 😂
I wasn’t confusing anyone!

The hand of back was against Munster. Lots of people wished us bad Karma after that (notwithstanding the fact they hadn’t looked like scoring all game).

Our turn to get our “comeuppance” was against Ospreys some years over when they got 16 men on the park at one point and that 16th man made a crucial tackle to prevent a try.

Simply saying “what goes around comes around” but it seemed to come around much quicker for Bristol than for us, pleasingly!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Manu could be cited for a potential elbow on Kirsten.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

As I said earlier, have Sale really got a bargain or a liability?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Dokie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:12 am
Hahaha thanks. At least I’ve not totally lost the plot. With the mention of a Welsh team, all I could picture was opponents in red! I can picture Stringer now complaining (I think!).
Was it the Scarlets with THAT Stimpson kick that came off the posts and bar before dropping over?
Yes, it was. In Nottingham. I was there for that one too. One member of the press claimed he only got it because he nicked a yard before the kick. I watched it on the replay later and he actually made it a couple of feet longer by placing the tee behind the point of the offence.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

loretta wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:39 pm
Dokie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:12 am

Hahaha thanks. At least I’ve not totally lost the plot. With the mention of a Welsh team, all I could picture was opponents in red! I can picture Stringer now complaining (I think!).
Was it the Scarlets with THAT Stimpson kick that came off the posts and bar before dropping over?
Yes, it was. In Nottingham. I was there for that one too. One member of the press claimed he only got it because he nicked a yard before the kick. I watched it on the replay later and he actually made it a couple of feet longer by placing the tee behind the point of the offence.
Thanks 👍
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think Sale saw the over excited Manu. Not a red card for me the player was stooped over into the tackle. The ref got the bit about force wrong - it was high impact but the mitigation should have been the player stooping forward as he was tackled. He had limited impact in the match, partly because Sale used him as a decoy and also because he isn't match fit and not really putting himself into the right place in time to make a difference.

I agreed the afters on O'Flaherty merited a penalty at the restart. There is a bit too much thuggishness rather than controlled aggression about Sale at present.

Exeter correctly identified that Sale defend tightly and can be exposed out wide. We saw the same but didn't have the game and players to go round them and had to settle for an arm wrestle which we lost but have learned a bit since then.