Lions 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions 2021

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm Harsh on Harris to be dropped, what has Henshaw done so far accept butcher try scoring opportunities, Aki will get battered backwards by SA, the midfield is flat and stagnant, the lions just have to make whatever half chances they get stick or they could get walloped!
My thoughts exactly,Russell could go badly wrong on the bench too especially if The Lions are chasing the game.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Franco Mostert, 6 Siya Kolisi (c), 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Marco van Staden, 20 Kwagga Smith, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Morne Steyn, 23 Damian Willemse
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Well done Weise and MVS!
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Owens??!! The set piece fell apart when LCD went off on Saturday. I'm amazed at that decision.

I also think the back row looked knackered but he's stuck with it. Watson is unlucky not to get an opportunity.

VDM lucky to keep his place after that daft trip. I'd like to have seen Rees-Zammit given an opportunity. I really think his pace could have been a point of difference but it's obviously going to be another wrestling match with occasional outbreaks of rugby....if we're lucky.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Imagine losing Faf and being able to bring Reinhach and Jantjes in 👀
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 pm Owens??!! The set piece fell apart when LCD went off on Saturday. I'm amazed at that decision.

I also think the back row looked knackered but he's stuck with it. Watson is unlucky not to get an opportunity.

VDM lucky to keep his place after that daft trip. I'd like to have seen Rees-Zammit given an opportunity. I really think his pace could have been a point of difference but it's obviously going to be another wrestling match with occasional outbreaks of rugby....if we're lucky.
Tbf to Owens it was Sutherland who was getting crushed! And the line-out fell apart once SA had 3 locks on
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 pm Owens??!! The set piece fell apart when LCD went off on Saturday. I'm amazed at that decision.

Tbf to Owens it was Sutherland who was getting crushed!
Agreed that Sutherland got hammered in the scrum but Owens' throwing wasn't up to much when he came on - the lineout went to pot very quickly!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Tbf to Owens it was Sutherland who was getting crushed!
Agreed that Sutherland got hammered in the scrum but Owens' throwing wasn't up to much when he came on - the lineout went to pot very quickly!
Yes,I agree. Feel incredibly sorry for George
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

The crushing started with Sinkler. If the Tighthead can’t hold his own the rest of the scrum has had it.
To keep him and Biggar in is criminal.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mightymouse wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm The crushing started with Sinkler. If the Tighthead can’t hold his own the rest of the scrum has had it.
To keep him and Biggar in is criminal.
Nope. Same with Cole in the RWC final,Marx and Nyakane went after Sinckler due to nothing coming back from Sutherland who got pulverised by Koch. The TH gets a lot of the blame these days
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sinckler cleared to play on Saturday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/58073121
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm surprised there's so few Welshmen in the side, Gatland hasn't got a clue, sucked in by the Boks, it could be an embarrassing last half hour, I shalln't be watching it, going fishing.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I think it will be interesting. Gatland has got his tactics spot on in 2013 and 2017 for the final matches however Saturday may be different. I worry about the leadership of the Lions on Saturday, not up front more at half back and in midfield. I just don’t think the Lions have the quality to unlock the springboks. I hope im wrong, mostly because Erasmus will have to eat some humble pie.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

So disappointing to see Biggar there again. At least Russell could come on and at least try something other than kicking the leather off the ball. Aki and Henshaw won’t see the ball. I hope I’m wrong.