Lions 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions 2021

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:12 pm Just watching the 2009 second test,and we moan at the reffing now 😂
Less of the Royal We, more Royal You. :smt001
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:12 pm Just watching the 2009 second test,and we moan at the reffing now 😂
Less of the Royal We, more Royal You. :smt001
😂😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:28 am
TiltonTiger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 pm Nigel Owens is on the Sky commentary team. Is he actually out there? Can’t think of a better candidate
Err I think Gatland was asking for a neutral TMO........don't think Nige fits that category.

Obviously no Kiwi or Aussie will fly out because "it is too dangerous" for them, as shown by their withdrawal from the RL World Cup. The beta variant is much more vaccine resistant than the delta.

So we need a Frenchie.....
Nige has retired. Doesn’t that make him neutral.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I see Neil Francis has been sacked over racist comments he made about Marcus Smith.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:49 pm I see Neil Francis has been sacked over racist comments he made about Marcus Smith.
Racist, how come, where's he from then?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:52 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:49 pm I see Neil Francis has been sacked over racist comments he made about Marcus Smith.
Racist, how come, where's he from then?
He was born in the Philippines. His mother is Philipino (possible spelling??) and his dad British.

The comment was that he has an "Xxxxx Xxxxx tan"

Where the x's refer to the sepecies that assist in Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory

EDIT I previously misquoted Francis he didn't use the word skin instead used the word tan
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

At best Francis was unaware of Smiths Filipino ethnicity and genuinely thought he wore fake tan, but if that's true it shows how little he actually knows about the players in the Lions squad and proves he wasn't worth the air time, at worst he's a racist who fully deserves the repercussions he has/will receive
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:34 pm At best Francis was unaware of Smiths Filipino ethnicity and genuinely thought he wore fake tan, but if that's true it shows how little he actually knows about the players in the Lions squad and proves he wasn't worth the air time, at worst he's a racist who fully deserves the repercussions he has/will receive
Do we genuinely think that a professional journalist or Pundit isn't going to even look at Wikipedia page or do even the slightest of research. That is possible, but unlikely. You also have to add in the fact that it's not his first his run in with controversy, if it was a one off, maybe at a stretch you can write it off as that, but this is from a guy who said gay people don't have interest in sports
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:34 pm At best Francis was unaware of Smiths Filipino ethnicity and genuinely thought he wore fake tan, but if that's true it shows how little he actually knows about the players in the Lions squad and proves he wasn't worth the air time, at worst he's a racist who fully deserves the repercussions he has/will receive
Do we genuinely think that a professional journalist or Pundit isn't going to even look at Wikipedia page or do even the slightest of research. That is possible, but unlikely. You also have to add in the fact that it's not his first his run in with controversy, if it was a one off, maybe at a stretch you can write it off as that, but this is from a guy who said gay people don't have interest in sports
Personally I think he is a bigot but from reading a few articles penned by ex players it seems some of them don't even watch the games at all hence why it wouldn't surprise me if he was unaware either
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Couldn’t have said it better myself. :smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

So how did these unwholesome comments by Francis actually make it through unvetted ? Astounding from all involved.A sorry episode.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Lewis Moody on how to beat South Africa :

https://www.planetrugby.com/expert-witn ... irst-test/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Devils advocate,how is oompah loompah racist? So say for example it’s a female commentator (we have seen it many times in clubs,pubs etc where a lady is caked in orange foundation) and he called her a oompah lumpah. Is that a sackable offence too or have the PC brigade been on the case again? I fail to see the racism issue,oompah loompahs are little white men with orange faces and green hair,looks to me like some are desperate to find race in anything.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Should be a cracker today. This might sound like a statement from the department of the bleeding obvious but this test is so important. I don’t see a comeback from either team so this decides the series for me. Hopefully it’s brutal!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:41 am Devils advocate,how is oompah loompah racist? So say for example it’s a female commentator (we have seen it many times in clubs,pubs etc where a lady is caked in orange foundation) and he called her a oompah lumpah. Is that a sackable offence too or have the PC brigade been on the case again? I fail to see the racism issue,oompah loompahs are little white men with orange faces and green hair,looks to me like some are desperate to find race in anything.
I think there's a difference between making fun of somebody's make-up and making fun of someone's natural skin colour!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives