Lions 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions 2021

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:41 am Devils advocate,how is oompah loompah racist? So say for example it’s a female commentator (we have seen it many times in clubs,pubs etc where a lady is caked in orange foundation) and he called her a oompah lumpah. Is that a sackable offence too or have the PC brigade been on the case again? I fail to see the racism issue,oompah loompahs are little white men with orange faces and green hair,looks to me like some are desperate to find race in anything.
But Smith isn't white nor does he wear fake tan that's his natural skintone
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Didn't he say his tan? Maybe it's banter gone a bit far but why does everything have to be turned into race? Isn't their skin orange? I suppose you can find anything if you desperately look hard enough for it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

On another note SA definitely joining the 6N apparently
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:50 am Didn't he say his tan? Maybe it's banter gone a bit far but why does everything have to be turned into race? Isn't their skin orange? I suppose you can find anything if you desperately look hard enough for it
But that's not a tan its skin tone and he said he shouldn't play because of it, like my post said earlier at best its sheer ignorance in which case why are the independent employing somebody who clearly knows so little about rugby or its racism and then he deserves the repercussions
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:02 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:50 am Didn't he say his tan? Maybe it's banter gone a bit far but why does everything have to be turned into race? Isn't their skin orange? I suppose you can find anything if you desperately look hard enough for it
But that's not a tan its skin tone and he said he shouldn't play because of it, like my post said earlier at best its sheer ignorance in which case why are the independent employing somebody who clearly knows so little about rugby or its racism and then he deserves the repercussions
Was it a live interview or was it vetted before it was aired/posted? He also said he shouldn't play because he's got hair like David Beckham,let's not forget that!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:04 am
Was it a live interview or was it vetted before it was aired/posted?
It was on a podcast, it somehow was published and then taken down and had that part edited out subsequently, you can still find the clip on twitter
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 am

It was on a podcast, it somehow was published and then taken down and had that part edited out subsequently, you can still find the clip on twitter
So the editors have to be sacked too then obviously if we are going down this road? Anything that is due to go out publicly has to be scrutinised to the nth degree for obvious legal reasons.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:08 am
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 am
So the editors have to be sacked too then obviously if we are going down this road? Anything that is due to go out publicly has to be scrutinised to the nth degree for obvious legal reasons.
I would say there is a fair argument to say the editors are pretty incompetent, whether that warrants a sacking is up the the Irish Independent
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please could we get this back on the topic - The Lions
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:41 am Devils advocate,how is oompah loompah racist? So say for example it’s a female commentator (we have seen it many times in clubs,pubs etc where a lady is caked in orange foundation) and he called her a oompah lumpah. Is that a sackable offence too or have the PC brigade been on the case again? I fail to see the racism issue,oompah loompahs are little white men with orange faces and green hair,looks to me like some are desperate to find race in anything.
I think there's a difference between making fun of somebody's make-up and making fun of someone's natural skin colour!
+1.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am
I think there's a difference between making fun of somebody's make-up and making fun of someone's natural skin colour!
+1.
Knew the snowflake would pipe up 😜
Just joshing btw before anyone gets out their pram over it 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wyn Jones is out!! Sutherland starts ,Mako to bench. Massive loss!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Oh how sad to see poor Doddie, what a terrible disease, wish him all the best, so very very sad.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 pm Wyn Jones is out!! Sutherland starts ,Mako to bench. Massive loss!
That's not good news, Sutherland was very poor scrummaging in that last match, I think I would have started Mako.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:19 pm Wyn Jones is out!! Sutherland starts ,Mako to bench. Massive loss!
That's not good news, Sutherland was very poor scrummaging in that last match, I think I would have started Mako.
Mako is even worse tbf and he’s nowhere near as good around the field as he used to be. Oh how we could do with a player like Genge!