Tom Youngs Charged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tom Youngs Charged

Post by Cardiff Tig »

ads wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am Calling someone a cheat and stating that someone isn't strong enough to make tough decisions are completely different!
I agree, and I think Youngs shouldn't get as long a ban (plus the better disciplinary record).

But both cases are claiming the ref chose not to make correct decision.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 pm
ads wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am Calling someone a cheat and stating that someone isn't strong enough to make tough decisions are completely different!
I agree, and I think Youngs shouldn't get as long a ban (plus the better disciplinary record).

well he did, he chose not to correctly yellow card people for about 5 minutes before Subgate happened at multiple maul penalties
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Am I right in saying that Tom's hearing is tonight?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 pm Am I right in saying that Tom's hearing is tonight?
Correct
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 pm Am I right in saying that Tom's hearing is tonight?
Correct
Very quick reply many thanks
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Disagree. One of them is saying the ref chose not to make a decision. The other is saying that the ref is not able to make the correct decision because he isn't mentally strong enough.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Will take whatever punishment OTY gets as the interactions of players & Sir in Rugby Union are one of the things that makes the game what it is & is often held up as a good example by other sports in how to treat the officials.

But there must be some punishment of Bristols actions, it was embarrassing, it was on that one issue that Tempest definitely was weak, a penalty try by an English ref is always rare in those positions, but the moment Lam said Afoa was injured that should of been the end of discussions.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:17 pm Will take whatever punishment OTY gets as the interactions of players & Sir in Rugby Union are one of the things that makes the game what it is & is often held up as a good example by other sports in how to treat the officials.

But there must be some punishment of Bristols actions, it was embarrassing, it was on that one issue that Tempest definitely was weak, a penalty try by an English ref is always rare in those positions, but the moment Lam said Afoa was injured that should of been the end of discussions.
Tempest established that the Official Substitution Card said "Tactical", so that was how he played it, like it or not, the Official document said that.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

I can find no news of the outcome of yesterday's planned disciplinary panel. Perhaps it didn't happen or the decision is not to be made public.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Verdict on thread below

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47144

This thread will be locked. Please continue discussions on above thread
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk