Tom Youngs Charged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Tom Youngs Charged

Post by TigerCam »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:57 am https://insider-voice.com/tom-youngs-le ... ssion=true

Turns out Tom Youngs has a side job that may be why he's being charged... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

Someone needs to turn of their auto word replacement on their editing software...
Brilliant!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

BFG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:53 am Some people forgot Neil Back’s push on the ref in the final v Bath: we were there and it was no accident.
I’ve heard other Tigers swear at the ref in years gone by but it was usually quickly answered by in a witty way by Sir. Nigel Owens is very good at handling such aberrations!
Sadly I booed the officials too on Saturday as they were very poor from the off with obvious knock ons, infringements at the line out missed for both sides: this was then compounded by the ref repeatedly giving warnings about the “ the next offence is a yellow” wasting valuable time at the end shouldn’t be allowed but on the other hand Ford has used his full minute in tight games to kick a penalty!
Both teams were guilty of allowed squad players to get involved at the end and I wonder what action would have been taken had it happened against Exeter, Chiefs or Bath?
Off to the Ricoh now hoping the officials encourage the players to enjoy the last game and please leave the TMO out of it!
Agree in general but the wind up merchants seem to be particularly prevalent these days.
Hang on a minute our very own Sir Baby Rhino is the master of wind ups, stirs it all up and then walks away smiling, its a talent
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:53 amSadly I booed the officials too on Saturday as they were very poor from the off with obvious knock ons, infringements at the line out missed for both sides: this was then compounded by the ref repeatedly giving warnings about the “ the next offence is a yellow” wasting valuable time at the end shouldn’t be allowed but on the other hand Ford has used his full minute in tight games to kick a penalty!
And by you setting that example it's obvious why at community level that less people are willing to step up to ref a game. The hypocrisy on this forum is laughable, what happened to the first principle of the game - respect?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Bit harsh, Ding Dong. Ian did seem regretful. Standards of self restraint have slipped all over. There are few stiff upper lips to be seen except in the over 60s. I'm sure we would all generally be quietly sympathetic to the footballer chap who had a heart attack but I thought we were in for a repeat of the Diana nonsense for a while such was the outpouring of manufactured grief for someone hardly anyone knew. No, the stoics have lost, everyone must blurt out everything, be outraged by some things, and weep over the rest.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

DingDong wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:53 amSadly I booed the officials too on Saturday as they were very poor from the off with obvious knock ons, infringements at the line out missed for both sides: this was then compounded by the ref repeatedly giving warnings about the “ the next offence is a yellow” wasting valuable time at the end shouldn’t be allowed but on the other hand Ford has used his full minute in tight games to kick a penalty!
And by you setting that example it's obvious why at community level that less people are willing to step up to ref a game. The hypocrisy on this forum is laughable, what happened to the first principle of the game - respect?
Tut tut and Ian being a teacher also :)
Come on Ding Dong so you never get frustrated at anything in life?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Is it not also fair to say respect has to be earned?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:18 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:57 am https://insider-voice.com/tom-youngs-le ... ssion=true

Turns out Tom Youngs has a side job that may be why he's being charged... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

Someone needs to turn of their auto word replacement on their editing software...
Brilliant!!
Is this how Tigers have kept afloat financially during Covid? :smt044
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm Bit harsh, Ding Dong. Ian did seem regretful. Standards of self restraint have slipped all over. There are few stiff upper lips to be seen except in the over 60s. I'm sure we would all generally be quietly sympathetic to the footballer chap who had a heart attack but I thought we were in for a repeat of the Diana nonsense for a while such was the outpouring of manufactured grief for someone hardly anyone knew. No, the stoics have lost, everyone must blurt out everything, be outraged by some things, and weep over the rest.
Unfortunately OldHob your reasoned and balanced summary will be lost on enough of the parents, supporters and players who will see and hear that behaviour as a reason to copy, and there starts the rot! It's a game where all 31 people on the pitch have a bad day sometimes, maybe we should boo our players when they have a red card or have a mare of a game? Just a ridiculous way to behave unless you're at a panto, even though the last 10 minutes felt like it!!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

DingDong wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 pm
Old Hob wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm Bit harsh, Ding Dong. Ian did seem regretful. Standards of self restraint have slipped all over. There are few stiff upper lips to be seen except in the over 60s. I'm sure we would all generally be quietly sympathetic to the footballer chap who had a heart attack but I thought we were in for a repeat of the Diana nonsense for a while such was the outpouring of manufactured grief for someone hardly anyone knew. No, the stoics have lost, everyone must blurt out everything, be outraged by some things, and weep over the rest.
Unfortunately OldHob your reasoned and balanced summary will be lost on enough of the parents, supporters and players who will see and hear that behaviour as a reason to copy, and there starts the rot! It's a game where all 31 people on the pitch have a bad day sometimes, maybe we should boo our players when they have a red card or have a mare of a game? Just a ridiculous way to behave unless you're at a panto, even though the last 10 minutes felt like it!!
Let's not get too upset about a bit of booing at the end of the game. It isn't the end of the world and doesn't happen very often.

I was always taught to respect sir although I have been known to tell sir a few 'one eyed' home truths in the bar over a post match pint or two. Tom, who no doubt would generally agree to the need to respect sir, clearly let the emotion of the moment get the better of him and no doubt the same excuse could be claimed by those who booed. In the case of Tom he will pay the price with a 2-4 game ban. The supporters who booed will live to support another day.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm Is it not also fair to say respect has to be earned?
That reminded me of when my stroppy daughter was having a bit of rant at me and I suggested that as her dad she should show me some respect. She replied that respect had to be earned. I begged to differ, as I had always shown my parents respect. I argued that simply bringing me into the world and provide for me was enough to earn my respect. Seems not to my daughter, apparently something she'd picked up from school, from teachers not her peers!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

WirralExile wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:33 am
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm Is it not also fair to say respect has to be earned?
That reminded me of when my stroppy daughter was having a bit of rant at me and I suggested that as her dad she should show me some respect. She replied that respect had to be earned. I begged to differ, as I had always shown my parents respect. I argued that simply bringing me into the world and provide for me was enough to earn my respect. Seems not to my daughter, apparently something she'd picked up from school, from teachers not her peers!
To be clear I was more playing devils advocate on the respect point, I do think the mantra is probably true but I do agree with your point that it is being twisted by people to give them a license to be disrespectful nowadays.

In the context of the game, particularly in the professional era, I do think it is unfair to expect people to just grin and bare substandard officiating, I wouldn't condone abusing referees obviously but I also believe they have to be more accountable to their actions as the players have been.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:26 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:53 am Some people forgot Neil Back’s push on the ref in the final v Bath: we were there and it was no accident.
I’ve heard other Tigers swear at the ref in years gone by but it was usually quickly answered by in a witty way by Sir. Nigel Owens is very good at handling such aberrations!
Sadly I booed the officials too on Saturday as they were very poor from the off with obvious knock ons, infringements at the line out missed for both sides: this was then compounded by the ref repeatedly giving warnings about the “ the next offence is a yellow” wasting valuable time at the end shouldn’t be allowed but on the other hand Ford has used his full minute in tight games to kick a penalty!
Both teams were guilty of allowed squad players to get involved at the end and I wonder what action would have been taken had it happened against Exeter, Chiefs or Bath?
Off to the Ricoh now hoping the officials encourage the players to enjoy the last game and please leave the TMO out of it!
Agree in general but the wind up merchants seem to be particularly prevalent these days.
Hang on a minute our very own Sir Baby Rhino is the master of wind ups, stirs it all up and then walks away smiling, its a talent
Yes but at least he has his personality.
Hughes' gob opens so wide to whoop that I am tempted to bring along a bag of doughnuts to keep it occupied.
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

Thankfully the world has changed and we no longer blindly accept that people in authority are correct.

The days where the authority of the Police, Priests, Bankers, Doctors, Judges should never be questioned led to all sorts of terrible injustices.

These people are now quite rightly held accountable to public scrutiny and so should referees.

The defence that the officials are trying their best doesn't wash with me. Would we tolerate a terrible surgeon, just because they are a ‘trier’?

Players are having contracts cancelled all the time because they are not performing and perhaps the frustration of the players is at the seemingly protected status that officials seem to have.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Website blunder labels Leicester Tigers' hooker Tom Youngs a 'prostitute'

😂😂😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 pm Website blunder labels Leicester Tigers' hooker Tom Youngs a 'prostitute'

😂😂😂
See Tiger feet Steve's posts earlier in this thread