Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Bye Zack Henry

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/za ... ter-tigers

He's split opinions, was always behind Ford, but IMO was a big step up on Hardwick as our no.2 Fly half. Latterly McPhillips has stood up and been counted and dropped him further down IMO, but the year he's spent here I think we've certainly been better off for his presence.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Bye Zack Henry

Post by Scott1 »

Good luck Zack! 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TheChild
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheChild »

Well said. He’s pulled off some good stuff while he’s been here, will be sorry to see him leave.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Gutted, a quality player who admittedly blew hot and cold but that was the consequence of his style not fitting well with Borthwick’s. Bonne chance dans Pau mon ami!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Another wise and justified move from SB to ship players on who don’t cut the mustard, Mcphillips has earned the number 3 spot behind Burns and Ford next season.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Shame to see Zack go but I can understand that he didn't want to be 3rd or 4th choice, wish him all the best back in France
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Good luck Zack

A player who brought something different and improved and developed into a better player while at Tigers and in doing so helped improve and develop Tigers and contribute to building a better team. Though ultimately was going to struggle sandwiched between top level and emerging local talent.

I look forward to see him continue to develop. He’s earned his own path from D2 to Prem and now the Pro 14 (Ironically Pau avoided relegation by beating Montpellier) and think he will do well.

I for one am sorry to see him leave.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm Good luck Zack

A player who brought something different and improved and developed into a better player while at Tigers and in doing so helped improve and develop Tigers and contribute to building a better team. Though ultimately was going to struggle sandwiched between top level and emerging local talent.

I look forward to see him continue to develop. He’s earned his own path from D2 to Prem and now the Pro 14 (Ironically Pau avoided relegation by beating Montpellier) and think he will do well.

I for one am sorry to see him leave.
He seemed to be a player who lost confidence in himself after showing promise. Moving to Pau and playing Top14 is a good career move and I hope he’ll thrive down there.
Semper in excretia
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Post by SASCOkid »

Shame, liked him. Certainly didn't let us down. Good luck Zack.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Best wishes.Perhaps France a better fit for his style of play...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Shame, I liked him. His game probably didn't fit our style of play. Especially in the phase we are in at the moment.

Good luck in France Zack.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I wish him every success. He had flashes of brilliance
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

A decent player and appeared to always give of his best but unfortunately not quite of the quality we need as back up to Ford hence the re-signing of Burns. Recent selection seems to reveal that Borthwick was deciding which of Henry and McPhillips he wanted to keep and it appears that Johnny M is the choice to challenge Burns for the number two spot, Good luck to Zack at Pau it is a lovely part of the world to live and play rugby with passionate fans.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Zack was largely asked to play in a style that's not natural to him and gave it his all. I think he showed great character.

The amount of players we're releasing early from contracts is eye-watering. It's not a great reflection on those involved with recruitment.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:53 am Zack was largely asked to play in a style that's not natural to him and gave it his all. I think he showed great character.

The amount of players we're releasing early from contracts is eye-watering. It's not a great reflection on those involved with recruitment.
It's not how many are going it's who's going which matters!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer