Re: Premiership Round 22

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

just saw the highlights, Dickson needs to be punished for not sending Ewers off
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I understood Dickson's point. The tackled player was swung round into Ewers making it difficult for Ewers to adjust.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:45 pm I understood Dickson's point. The tackled player was swung round into Ewers making it difficult for Ewers to adjust.
swinging him around had nothing to do with the height at which Ewers tackles and it was a shoulder direct to the head with force
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:52 pm
Old Hob wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:45 pm I understood Dickson's point. The tackled player was swung round into Ewers making it difficult for Ewers to adjust.
swinging him around had nothing to do with the height at which Ewers tackles and it was a shoulder direct to the head with force
His argument was that the swinging of the player closed the gap between Ewers and where Ewers was predicting the tackle to be. You don’t dip into a tackle from 5 metres out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,as the female TMO correctly pointed out,he was always high.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LekkerTigers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm
His argument was that the swinging of the player closed the gap between Ewers and where Ewers was predicting the tackle to be. You don’t dip into a tackle from 5 metres out.
It was a terrible argument! I think the second red had more of a chance of being yellow than the first. Ewers was a stone cold red
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:02 pm

It was a terrible argument! I think the second red had more of a chance of being yellow than the first. Ewers was a stone cold red
Dickson is a poor referee.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LekkerTigers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Dickson is a poor referee.
He’s shocking,I think he refereed the scrum well in that game though and he didn’t fall for Chiefs shenanigans at the BD either.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ahh yes, Hammersley swinging around meant that Ewers just hit another part of the head instead. Great logic Dickson.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni