THE BIG ONE - Wasps (A) - 12th June 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: THE BIG ONE - Wasps (A) - 12th June 2021

Post by Old Hob »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm Pop, glug glug glug, chink ahhhhh!
Enjoy.
Just getting the corkscrew out.
Nerves a bit shredded - room for improvement but, wow, what a difference from the last two or three years
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Utterly delighted. Thankyou Steve Borthwick and Alex Walters.

Bottom of table to 6th and a cup final in a season . Says it all.

The only sadness is missing Bleddyn in the commentary who would have loved that. RIP.

Can’t wait for next season
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Great performance. Took the ref out of the equation too. I thought Pearce dude s good job but interesting that he marched us back 10 twice for minor back chat. I think that was a signal regarding last weekend. A poorer ref could have taken it further but I thought overall he was fair.

I loved Dan Cole saying “you can’t take that from me” about his try :smt044
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:16 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm Pop, glug glug glug, chink ahhhhh!
Enjoy.
Just getting the corkscrew out.
Nerves a bit shredded - room for improvement but, wow, what a difference from the last two or three years
True...... I'm enjoying this one!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

My assessment of the team today for those who missed it, I think I will try to do this more next season

1. Genge - Looked like a proper Tigers captain, communicated with the ref well, scrummed well and carried hard. 9/10
2. Montoya - Carried really well, clear-outs great and adds to the maul, a miss throw or two does blot his copybook a bit. 8/10
3. Cole - World class finish :smt003, menace at the rucks again, scrummed well, just a great shift from a top player. 8/10
4. Wells - A bit quiet but industrious as ever, a couple handling errors but overall a good shift. 7/10
5. Henderson - A really good finish for his try and worked hard but a fair few key errors at the restarts. 6/10
6. Martin - Ended a few people in defence and showed some good agility and speed in attack, outstanding. 9/10
7. Liebenberg - A quiet day by his standards but didn't do anything wrong, ran the lineout well. 6/10
8. Weise - More of what we expect, hard carries and big hits, control at the back of the scrum poor at times though. 7/10
9. JVP - A wobbly start but got a try assist and settled down to control the tempo pretty well. 6/10
10. McPhillips - Another solid performance, kicked well and attacked the line, defence not great at times though. 6/10
11. Nadolo - Was a bit anonymous at times but he created Scott's try, defended well too. 6/10
12. Kelly - Tackled, tackled some more and tackled again, showed some more in attack as well today. 7/10
13. Scott - One of his best games in a Tigers shirt today and was unfortunate a couple times with officiating. 7/10
14. Steward - Pretty quiet but proved he is a competent option on the wing. 6/10
15. Henry - I really like Zack but 15 is not his position, got caught out a couple times but didn't lack effort. 5/10

16. Clare - Worked hard and tackled well, missed a lineout though. 6/10
17. Whitcome - Carried well and scrummed very well, certainly looks like he can hold his own at this level. 6/10
18. Heyes - Yet another solid performance, really attacked at the scrum and was everywhere around the pitch. 7/10
19. Lavanini - Great to see Tomas bow out with a try, added valuable ballast in the scrum and in defence. 7/10
20. Chessum - Didn't get much time ball in hand but made a few tackles. 6/10
21. Youngs - A poor game from Ben IMO, kicked badly a few times but did control the tempo well. 6/10
22. Moroni - Came on and made a crucial hit on Fekitoa and then Geoperth, read the Wasps attack like a book. 8/10
23. Murmurivalu - Was everywhere when he came on, made a few turnovers and ran some good lines. 8/10
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

wellstiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:21 am Are we not considering a TBP W ????? Too much to ask for???? A turn of fortunes ???? :smt023
Now that would be a great end to our domestic season - and bragging rites. :smt038 :smt035
Well I'm doing the lottery tonight.........
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sorry Stains ...Sorry LRI.... teh hee hee........
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

We finished 5 places higher this season than last. Let's hope we can finish 5 places higher next season than this :smt038 :smt003
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Pellsey wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm We finished 5 places higher this season than last. Let's hope we can finish 5 places higher next season than this :smt038 :smt003
I like the sentiment but 2 places and winning a couple extra games after that would be my preference
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:04 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm We finished 5 places higher this season than last. Let's hope we can finish 5 places higher next season than this :smt038 :smt003
I like the sentiment but 2 places and winning a couple extra games after that would be my preference
Haha, I could live with that!
Pundit

Post by Pundit »

Great win today, and there's no denying the improvement over the past seven seasons! At last we have a coaching team which can motivate the squad. Further progress depends upon recognising some less pleasant aspects; no team in the prem has conceded more soft tries than we have. We work hard for our scores, and then allow the opposition to run through us as if we're not there! The cover tackling is appalling. The need for an attack coach is not as great as first thought, but we'll struggle against top sides without a proper defence.
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Goodevibrations »

Fantastic win! He may be a little rough around the edges, but how much more threatening do we look with JvP on the pitch? Geroge Martin really is the real deal, Eddie Jones was right about him. Huge improvement this season and top marks to Steve Borthwick ('Coach Steve' as Jasper Wiese calls him (One for the Big Mouth fans out there)). We look so much more organised and competitive and we have a group that really seem to care about the club. If we can add a bit more fluidity to our game then we can be a real threat. Enjoy your evening everyone!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Just got home: great performance by the whole club and Tigers’ away fans. Wasps’ fans very good too. Pearce a very good game: stopped the clock at every scrum until the ball went in.
Shame McPhillips is going: much better prospect than Freddie Burns(and I really like Freddie).
Zac Henry too: gave everything. Genge has to be captain: JVP: one early poor kick but always a threat and Old King Cole, brilliant as was Moroni’s chase in the last 10 minutes to ensure Wasps were pegged back and Zac Henry’s yellow expired.
Thanks SB and all the players.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Massive shame McPhillips is going, second half of the season he’s really grown in the 10 shirt. You can’t blame him for not wanting to be third choice.

George Martin impressive again. Be interesting where he finds his best position. Henderson and Kelly are going to be massive players in the future too.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

NEVER. EVER. Doubt SB's selections :smt023