1 Round to go what we need

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: 1 Round to go what we need

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

we play with the attitude of today and we will beat Wasps, hopefully Ford and Green are back, Wiese will start for sure and if Montoya can start too we will have a full strength pack possibly for the first time
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

1 point should be enough as Tigers have more wins if teams finish level on points.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:55 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:38 pm Simple outrights
1) So either we win v Wasps and it doesn't matter. (Realistically we should be beating Wasps if we are hoping not to get spanked by the top European teams)
2) Irish lose to Bristol
3) Bath lose to Saints

4) We get bonus point and Irish fail to get a TBP win v Bristol

5) We get 2 bonus points
i) Bath fail to get a TBP win v Saints
ii) Irish fail to get a TBP win v Bristol
Thanks RB was just about to try and work this all out.. we can beat Wasps for sure. Is it a given.. absolutely not. We pushed the best team in the league all the way today and could (should) have won. So yes, imho we can beat Wasps. Would be nice to know a bit more about Ford and his absence as we could do with him next week. The lads will be fired up for sure after this week.

Option 4 looks like a pretty likely option too.. we get a LBP and Bristol stop Irish getting 4 tries. Reckon Bristol will field a B team though with a guaranteed home semi now so that might not come to fruition.

Problem for me is the 2 teams that could do us a big favour (Bristol and Saints) have nothing left to play for. Saints are guaranteed to finish in top 8 and Bristol guaranteed to finish top.

Today has really annoyed me and I sincerely hope it doesn't stop us getting into the big boys competition next season. If we lose by one point we will look back and wonder why we didn't kick the 3 and take the draw late on there.. oh well.. exciting weekend ahead next week
Chiefs can still finish top mate. In fact,a Chiefs win tomorrow does is a favour! Come on Chiefs 🤮😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm 1 point should be enough as Tigers have more wins if teams finish level on points.
Not if LI get a TBP win at Bristol,but I see what you mean.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:09 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:55 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:38 pm Simple outrights
1) So either we win v Wasps and it doesn't matter. (Realistically we should be beating Wasps if we are hoping not to get spanked by the top European teams)
2) Irish lose to Bristol
3) Bath lose to Saints

4) We get bonus point and Irish fail to get a TBP win v Bristol

5) We get 2 bonus points
i) Bath fail to get a TBP win v Saints
ii) Irish fail to get a TBP win v Bristol
Thanks RB was just about to try and work this all out.. we can beat Wasps for sure. Is it a given.. absolutely not. We pushed the best team in the league all the way today and could (should) have won. So yes, imho we can beat Wasps. Would be nice to know a bit more about Ford and his absence as we could do with him next week. The lads will be fired up for sure after this week.

Option 4 looks like a pretty likely option too.. we get a LBP and Bristol stop Irish getting 4 tries. Reckon Bristol will field a B team though with a guaranteed home semi now so that might not come to fruition.

Problem for me is the 2 teams that could do us a big favour (Bristol and Saints) have nothing left to play for. Saints are guaranteed to finish in top 8 and Bristol guaranteed to finish top.

Today has really annoyed me and I sincerely hope it doesn't stop us getting into the big boys competition next season. If we lose by one point we will look back and wonder why we didn't kick the 3 and take the draw late on there.. oh well.. exciting weekend ahead next week
Chiefs can still finish top mate. In fact,a Chiefs win tomorrow does is a favour! Come on Chiefs 🤮😂
I knew that really just wanted to hear you ay it! Come on Chiefs :smt002 :smt005

Seriously though, we need something to go our way! Come on Chiefs! :smt041
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Chiefs get a Win they will be 4 points behind Bristol
So Bristol would technically still not secure top spot.

The potential difference between playing a team like Sale v Quins is massive.
Bristol know this and Bristol have a worse points difference too chiefs.

A TBP win v Saints and Bristol IMO have to go out and play v Irish.
I also think a TBP win for Chiefs would lead to Saints going to Bath and playing for the win.

So tomorrow mentally could be big next week.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm If Chiefs get a Win they will be 4 points behind Bristol
So Bristol would technically still not secure top spot.

The potential difference between playing a team like Sale v Quins is massive.
Bristol know this and Bristol have a worse points difference too chiefs.

A TBP win v Saints and Bristol IMO have to go out and play v Irish.
I also think a TBP win for Chiefs would lead to Saints going to Bath and playing for the win.

So tomorrow mentally could be big next week.
Yes COME ON YOU CHIEFS 💪😂🤮
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I’d back a full-strength Tigers to beat Wasps, just hope there are no injury problems. As far as the top of the table is concerned, I’d like see Quins upset the odds.
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We did come 4 points off beating Bristol at near full strength team (Could argue robbed also) with No Ford and Montoya + Wiese on the bench.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wasps will be bolstered from their comeback, or completely shattered mind...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:18 pm Wasps will be bolstered from their comeback, or completely shattered mind...
they lost West and also Young I think to injury today too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LI might be totally deflated too.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Easier to support Exeter for me now after that the way Bristol fans are going on.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Is there any team worth supporting in the play offs? Quins use to be my second team when Wig was their forwards coach but I don't really like how they treated Gustard and it's hard to see them being able to stand a chance of beating any of the other three teams. We all know my dislike for Exeter and the way Bristol have acted today has left a sour taste in the mouth, and as good as Sale are I can't stand Sanderson.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:06 pm Is there any team worth supporting in the play offs? Quins use to be my second team when Wig was their forwards coach but I don't really like how they treated Gustard and it's hard to see them being able to stand a chance of beating any of the other three teams. We all know my dislike for Exeter and the way Bristol have acted today has left a sour taste in the mouth, and as good as Sale are I can't stand Sanderson.
This :smt023