1 Round to go what we need

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 1 Round to go what we need

Post by Scott1 »

Qualified by default then, shame and its spoiled a good day!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:33 am Qualified by default then, shame and its spoiled a good day!
No I think Newcastle could in theory still overtake us if they win well and overcome the points difference...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:41 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:33 am Qualified by default then, shame and its spoiled a good day!
No I think Newcastle could in theory still overtake us if they win well and overcome the points difference...
It's too big a turnaround mate I believe
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well Tigers lose by 50 and Falcons win by like 30+

Who knows.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 am
REALLY hope you’re correct. Frankly, I simply want to enjoy the game without being concerned about the final league position. Recent Tigers results have been a bit stressful to say the least!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Tigers don’t qualify now then we really shouldn’t be thinking of Europe.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 am

REALLY hope you’re correct. Frankly, I simply want to enjoy the game without being concerned about the final league position. Recent Tigers results have been a bit stressful to say the least!
They have lol! Feel for LI and Gloc,both have lost out on RCC now and the latter were in form too and you wouldn't have betted against them winning their last 2 with TBP
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am If Tigers don’t qualify now then we really shouldn’t be thinking of Europe.
We will,it's too big a turnaround. Let's just hope there's a twist and Bath miss out 😂
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am

They have lol! Feel for LI and Gloc,both have lost out on RCC now and the latter were in form too and you wouldn't have betted against them winning their last 2 with TBP
I back Saints to beat Bath and Quins to beat Newcastle so reckon LI will still make top 8, in fact they could be very grateful to get 2 points against a strong Bristol team...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:58 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am

I back Saints to beat Bath and Quins to beat Newcastle so reckon LI will still make top 8, in fact they could be very grateful to get 2 points against a strong Bristol team...
You think so re Quins? I haven’t checked the selections, but I can’t imagine they’ll put out anything other than a weakened team as they’ll be looking ahead to the playoffs...
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Quins seem to have put out a relatively first team. Probably to give them all a runout before the playoffs.
https://www.quins.co.uk/news/quins-side ... 21-season/
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m not surprised Quins has, like Bristol and Sale put out almost first choice squads. I remember going down to Twickenham for the Premiership final ( in those days you became Champions of the league then could win the Play offs) the week before the Stade, Paris Final, we put out a full side to go on to beat Bath for the first time at Twickers. I also remember Pat Howard and Oz saying a few players were carrying knocks but it was important for both continuity and the psychological effect to win ready for the week after.
Good luck Quins for the rest of the season; Sale too. Come on Manu.