Bristols bloodgate?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bristols bloodgate?

Post by daktari »

manxleigh wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:15 am I think the biggest issue, which very few have mentioned, is Bristol literally pulling the ball out of the scrum. Why wasn’t l this dealt with? Also, you can’t compare the Back vs Ulster incident as there wasn’t video referees back then. Think Wigglesworth and Gene will get banned. Very poor refereeing today. Bristol should have been yelled carded 5-6 mins earlier.
Hughs and the rest of the Bristol subs that ran in to join the handbags should be banned
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Pat Lam --- I said - He said - the whole Leicester boys surrounded me - abused me saying unsavoury things.

Its all in ya head Pat. Pork Pies mate ( and not those from Melton Mowbray )

I think any neutral watching would have laughed at Pat Lam and would now like to see them fail in the play offs

Your right Pat -- Unsavoury
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:57 pm Goodness me, a lot of fans on here posting about Bristol cheating etc, etc, etc. We have a long history according to other club forums of cheating re Neil Back and lots of other instances, all the teams who have been successful in their era have been accused of cheating in their heyday, Bath in their glory years, tigers, wasps and Saracens recently.
Get a grip guys, we are just as culpable if bending the rules as other clubs.
Short and deluded memories by a lot of posters on here.
We are on our way back to the top 6, so let’s enjoy the ride without accusations against other clubs, without them we wouldn’t have the wonderful game we so enjoy.
The hate against other teams on here is sad to read.
I find it interesting that the "shut up, you're just as bad" has to citr something that happened nearly 20 years ago, if there are many more examples you'd think that one closer to now would be picked...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Crofty wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am
BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:57 pm Goodness me, a lot of fans on here posting about Bristol cheating etc, etc, etc. We have a long history according to other club forums of cheating re Neil Back and lots of other instances, all the teams who have been successful in their era have been accused of cheating in their heyday, Bath in their glory years, tigers, wasps and Saracens recently.
Get a grip guys, we are just as culpable if bending the rules as other clubs.
Short and deluded memories by a lot of posters on here.
We are on our way back to the top 6, so let’s enjoy the ride without accusations against other clubs, without them we wouldn’t have the wonderful game we so enjoy.
The hate against other teams on here is sad to read.
I find it interesting that the "shut up, you're just as bad" has to citr something that happened nearly 20 years ago, if there are many more examples you'd think that one closer to now would be picked...
The Back incident is also completely incomparable; it was a chance act of “gamesmanship” which was 50:50 going to get penalised. It was no different to countless other unseen, or seen offences.

What we saw yesterday was a DoR trying to play the system. If Afoa had not come on, the whole credibility of the officials and replacement process would have been damaged.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Expected more from Pat Lam.Simple as that.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

daktari wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:37 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:17 pm Perhaps what happened was nothing to do with trying to cheat in this match but more about future matches.
Having lost Sinckler to injury before the match today then Afoa becomes an even more important player and maybe having been sat on the bench with muscles stiffened Afoa's coach simply did not want his best prop risked further even if only for a minute.
In the end Afoa came back on anyway so they all got there in the end.
That sounds far too much like the voice of reason, which is rare in this forum :smt001
Problem for Lam is he couldn’t remember what lie he was telling. Claim CS was injured on the Thursday so had to play JA ...but they named CS in the squad on the Friday..Said JA went on after “being harassed by Leicester”...Pat, it was on the Telly and that’s clearly bobbins.
There are two sides.
Leicester were not wrong, but also Pat Lam might not have been wrong as Afoa may well have had an injury.
We all know that players often take to the field carrying knocks due to the demands of playing and training every week, in future maybe everyone needs to be clearer on what knocks a player might have when he is substituted.
The alternative is to play less matches.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

If Afoa has an injury all they need to do is put the card in to say that when he is substituted. If they say it is tactical they are saying for someone in his position he is able to come back on. That is the system. The card put in said tactical so Afoa is still a potentially active play in the game under specific circumstances. Those circumstances came to pass. That was an error by the Bristol team manager. Everything else doubled down on that. SB in the way probably did not help and ted line fever from the scrum and WW outing the ball into an unstable scrum did not either. Let the ref and 4th official work through and either Afoa comes on or they have 13 and then adapt depending on that. Time wasted did allow players to have a rest and a yellow should have come earlier but the ref said it was because the offence swapped sides. Currently scrum penalties are too much of a lottery to have then as a tactic when the clock is red. Ref does not have the bottle for a penalty try in those circumstances.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A wander round some of the other clubs forums shows all have lost respect for Pat Lam, not that he or Bristol will care at all. What should worry them was that Tigers took them apart, they did not look like a side that can win a playoff semi, let alone a final, Tigers on the other hand looked like a side that can compete with the top club in the league, big plus for me.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am A wander round some of the other clubs forums shows all have lost respect for Pat Lam, not that he or Bristol will care at all. What should worry them was that Tigers took them apart, they did not look like a side that can win a playoff semi, let alone a final, Tigers on the other hand looked like a side that can compete with the top club in the league, big plus for me.
I think the loss at Sale has really knocked their confidence and they are there for the taking.

The problem for Bristol is they don’t play cup final rugby.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

For me this was on a par with bloodgate, but then again bloodgate was not a major thing but the attempted cover up made it a lot worse for all involved.
Again we have weak refereeing causing problems, Tempest should have acted earlier with the cards, and once PL declared his prop was not fit to return, the ref should have gone to uncontested scrums and reduced Bristol to 13 players, he should not have engaged in debate about it but acted on the laws as written and the facts as stated.
Borthwick should not have got involved at all.
Remember the change in regs on uncontested scrums came about following the gamesmanship by Wasps coached by saint Ian Mcgeechan, who manipulated the laws rather than invest in front row forwards!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am A wander round some of the other clubs forums shows all have lost respect for Pat Lam, not that he or Bristol will care at all. What should worry them was that Tigers took them apart, they did not look like a side that can win a playoff semi, let alone a final, Tigers on the other hand looked like a side that can compete with the top club in the league, big plus for me.
+1 :smt023
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:11 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 pm No he's injured.. but it says it was a technical sub, no he's injured.. he's definitely injured... what's that? we will be down to 13 and have to lose another player? No he's fine, technical sub honestly Sir! Disgraceful.. as was the skirmish after the whistle.. :smt011
Six minutes it took too,got the Bristol scrum legs some rest! Disgraceful all round
Shambolic, and notjing short of being disgusting.