Forward passes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Forward passes

Post by mol2 »

Just watched some of the C5 highlights of the Quins:Bath game.

Just left me wondering how far forward does as pass have to be before the TMO decides it is clear an obvious.

One looked about 45 degrees and was taken about 2 yards ahead.....Yes the TMO said not clear and obvious.

Bring on ball sensors before the game get turned into handball.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Forward passes

Post by Big Dai »

mol2 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:58 pm Just watched some of the C5 highlights of the Quins:Bath game.

Just left me wondering how far forward does as pass have to be before the TMO decides it is clear an obvious.

One looked about 45 degrees and was taken about 2 yards ahead.....Yes the TMO said not clear and obvious.

Been saying this for WEEKS! :smt023
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Big Dai wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 pm
mol2 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:58 pm Just watched some of the C5 highlights of the Quins:Bath game.

And even better if it happens soon after or soon before a player drops the ball, it lands slightly backwards but it gets called knock on...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Crofty wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:49 pm

And even better if it happens soon after or soon before a player drops the ball, it lands slightly backwards but it gets called knock on...
Spot on
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Spot on
Oi you! 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:15 pm
Dokie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Spot on
Oi you! 😂
Yes, my little keyboard warrior friend?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Six nations? Williams try? Knock on ring a bell? 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 pm Six nations? Williams try? Knock on ring a bell? 😂
The one where if it's your player everyone says play on you mean.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 pm Six nations? Williams try? Knock on ring a bell? 😂
The one where if it's your player everyone says play on you mean.
It was a knock on,he was never in control. It was a joke decision and everyone knows it!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

No bells 🔔 ringing here
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:41 pm
No bells 🔔 ringing here
Haha I've never got over it! But you did deserve the win and the tile though tbf. I'm getting soft in my old age 😂
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Now, I'm trying to view this through both eyes :smt030 however, it does seem to me the strongest protagonists of the marginally forward pass and who get away with a lot are Quins followed by Northampton and Wasps? :smt017
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

fentiger wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:51 pm Now, I'm trying to view this through both eyes :smt030 however, it does seem to me the strongest protagonists of the marginally forward pass and who get away with a lot are Quins followed by Northampton and Wasps? :smt017
Certainly the first two pass the ball more than most so statistically, it probably fits.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

That's why ball sensors are essential. Too much scope for interpretation and blatant incompetence.

Likewise the interpretation of a player fumbling and regaining the ball has to be made clear. If the ball is going forwards from a player & touches the grass or another player it will be deemed a knock on unless the ball is clearly held, (not juggled) or has actively been kicked with the boot having been released from both hands. (If dropped in a forward direction from one and an attempted hoof won't be deemed an intentional kick). Forward out of two hands is a real kick. Release from one hand to kick is a loss of control.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 am That's why ball sensors are essential. Too much scope for interpretation and blatant incompetence.

Likewise the interpretation of a player fumbling and regaining the ball has to be made clear. If the ball is going forwards from a player & touches the grass or another player it will be deemed a knock on unless the ball is clearly held, (not juggled) or has actively been kicked with the boot having been released from both hands. (If dropped in a forward direction from one and an attempted hoof won't be deemed an intentional kick). Forward out of two hands is a real kick. Release from one hand to kick is a loss of control.
Shame Gauzere didn't know these laws,you think he would being an international ref 🤪