BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:26 pm If Afoa was only fit enough to play 40 minutes and is carrying a knock why was he even in the team? Are Afoa and Chapparo their only fit senior tightheads at all? If not you can make a pretty fair player welfare argument to say its irresponsible to play somebody if they are that unfit/injured
Lam said they were as Sinckler picked up an injury in training and their other tighthead was out
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... ship-brawl

No citings from the match but investigations ongoing.

The citing officer has declined to trigger disciplinary proceedings due to no offences reaching the threshold of a red card.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Return of the Tiger Tariff??

Might of been better to get a citing to make sure the whole thing gets looked at properly including Kerr not reappearing.

Daft thing until the last few minutes Tempest hadn't been too bad & the village idiot had kept watching cartoons in the TMO booth.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:26 pm If Afoa was only fit enough to play 40 minutes and is carrying a knock why was he even in the team? Are Afoa and Chapparo their only fit senior tightheads at all? If not you can make a pretty fair player welfare argument to say its irresponsible to play somebody if they are that unfit/injured
Because Lam was making it up as he went along, presumably at first to avoid another immediate scrum. Sadly it worked.

After the match he was just in damage limitation mode.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:03 pm Tempest hadn't been too bad & the village idiot had kept watching cartoons in the TMO booth.
:smt005 :smt043 :smt005
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Let it lie….

Post by chris111 »

daktari wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 pm
chris111 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 pm So, according to the Guardian, RFU are investigating SB’s behaviour but not Pat Lam’s.

If true, this sums up everything that’s wrong with the way the game is overseen. Will Carling was right all those years ago….and it’s clearly still true today that the blazers who run our game are more concerned with protecting the mythical gentlemanly code than attempting to ensure actual ethical behaviour.
Article doesn't actually say that they are not investigating Pat but does describe SB behaviour
Sorry, maybe I over-interpreted! At first reading it did look as if SB was the only one in the spotlight, but actually this may not be the case. I’ll park my paranoia for now :smt002
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Let it lie….

Post by Crofty »

chris111 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:08 pm
daktari wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 pm
chris111 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 pm So, according to the Guardian, RFU are investigating SB’s behaviour but not Pat Lam’s.

If true, this sums up everything that’s wrong with the way the game is overseen. Will Carling was right all those years ago….and it’s clearly still true today that the blazers who run our game are more concerned with protecting the mythical gentlemanly code than attempting to ensure actual ethical behaviour.
Article doesn't actually say that they are not investigating Pat but does describe SB behaviour
Sorry, maybe I over-interpreted! At first reading it did look as if SB was the only one in the spotlight, but actually this may not be the case. I’ll park my paranoia for now :smt002
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us. Past behaviour from the RFU and the media suggests quite the opposite...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

More from Steve Borthwick re 'Subgate':

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/im-sure- ... borthwick/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:41 am More from Steve Borthwick re 'Subgate':

Pretty much done and dusted then? As SB says, the Tigers screwed up on the final scrum and lost the ball, end of story. Wasps next, that is all that matters. :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:19 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:41 am More from Steve Borthwick re 'Subgate':

Pretty much done and dusted then? As SB says, the Tigers screwed up on the final scrum and lost the ball, end of story. Wasps next, that is all that matters. :smt027 :smt027
Nothing for us to worry about; any investigation was never going to change anything for us. The match it done and we focus on Saturday.

Only Bristol have to worry about anything. With any luck they’ll still charge Lam.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

As always a very measured statement on the subject from SB. It's one of the things I admire about the man.

What happened and what was said by the various parties is recorded for anyone to see.There are no excuses for what Lam did but I doubt that he will he sanctioned for it.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So Lams “absolutely over the moon” the RFU are looking into the incident. I’m starting to dislike him more by the day!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:50 pm So Lams “absolutely over the moon” the RFU are looking into the incident. I’m starting to dislike him more by the day!
He just can't help himself can he
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Should team managers now state at the start of a match the maximum number of minutes a player has been medically past fit for?

Should players over 35 be given dispensation to stay on their @rse in the last 10 minutes of a game?

Sorry, just some ideas for new laws/guidance...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ourla wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:28 pm Should team managers now state at the start of a match the maximum number of minutes a player has been medically past fit for?

Should players over 35 be given dispensation to stay on their @rse in the last 10 minutes of a game?

Sorry, just some ideas for new laws/guidance...
Not sure if you’re on a wind up so do apologise if so! But if you’re in the 23 you are fit to play the 80 if need be,simple as imo. If youre not then you shouldn’t be picked!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer