BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Post by Scott1 »

Genge
Youngs
Cole
Wells
Green
Liebenberg
Reffell
Weise
Youngs
Ford
Nadolo
Kelly
Moroni
Potter
Steward

De Bruin,Clare,Heyes,Lavinini,Martin,JVP,McPhillips,Murivalu
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) JUNE 5th

Post by Scott1 »

Could be Henry for McPhillips but don’t expect much different to that 23. Perhaps Wallace on the bench for Martin and replace Reffell after he’s ran himself into the ground? COYT!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun May 30, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree with that line up unless Montoya is fit in which case would have him on the bench.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:00 pm Agree with that line up unless Montoya is fit in which case would have him on the bench.
Good shout! 👍
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm Could be Henry for McPhillips but don’t expect much different to that 23. Perhaps Wallace on the bench for Martin and replace Reffell after he’s ran himself into the ground? COYT!
:smt005
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm Could be Henry for McPhillips but don’t expect much different to that 23. Perhaps Wallace on the bench for Martin and replace Reffell after he’s ran himself into the ground? COYT!
Thought that Wallace had been released early to go back to Quins.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:05 pm
So he did,hahaha I’ll stick with Martin then! Doh 🤦‍♀️
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by ABClub »

1.Genge
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Nadolo
12.Scott
13.Moroni
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Clare/Montoya
17.de Bruin
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Martin
21.JvP
22.McPhillips
23.Murimurivalu

I'd like Lavanini's bulk in the row against Bristol. I think our best bet is trying to make it a proper arm wrestle. Try to suck in the Bristol forwards such as Earl, Luatua and even Vui who usually roam about in the wide channels wreaking havoc, force them to play tighter. Admittedly those players are also terrific in the tight exchanges so it may not stop them indefinitely but would certainly give us our best shot.

Reffell is vital to our line speed so I'd definitely start him. As seen with the Curry brothers on Friday night it is possible to stop the impressive Bristol defence but you need relentless line speed and a lot of dominant tackles to do so. Reffell is Tigers best player in that regard.

Dan Kelly has played a lot of rugby this season for a 19-year old so just a case of rotation bringing Scott in. Scott's experience and defensive organisation alongside Moroni would be useful up against O'Conor and Radrada as well.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:10 pm 1.Genge
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Nadolo
12.Scott
13.Moroni
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Clare/Montoya
17.de Bruin
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Martin
21.JvP
22.McPhillips
23.Murimurivalu

I'd like Lavanini's bulk in the row against Bristol. I think our best bet is trying to make it a proper arm wrestle. Try to suck in the Bristol forwards such as Earl, Luatua and even Vui who usually roam about in the wide channels wreaking havoc, force them to play tighter. Admittedly those players are also terrific in the tight exchanges so it may not stop them indefinitely but would certainly give us our best shot.

Reffell is vital to our line speed so I'd definitely start him. As seen with the Curry brothers on Friday night it is possible to stop the impressive Bristol defence but you need relentless line speed and a lot of dominant tackles to do so. Reffell is Tigers best player in that regard.

Dan Kelly has played a lot of rugby this season for a 19-year old so just a case of rotation bringing Scott in. Scott's experience and defensive organisation alongside Moroni would be useful up against O'Conor and Radrada as well.
Good points all round! 👍
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Nadolo
12.Scott
13.Moroni
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Clare/Montoya
17.de Bruin
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Martin
21.JvP
22.McPhillips
23.Murimurivalu

I cannot argue with any of that. I wonder if Bristol may rest a few for the finals and so could be there for the taking. I really hope we see Montoya. Wouldn't it be amazing to really turn it on against the league leaders at Welford Road!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Downsouth wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Nadolo
12.Scott
13.Moroni
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Clare/Montoya
17.de Bruin
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Martin
21.JvP
22.McPhillips
23.Murimurivalu

I cannot argue with any of that. I wonder if Bristol may rest a few for the finals and so could be there for the taking. I really hope we see Montoya. Wouldn't it be amazing to really turn it on against the league leaders at Welford Road!
I’m not sure they will,if they finish first they avoid Sale and Chiefs in the SF. I know to win it you have to beat the best but I’m sure they will prefer Quins at home in the semi and the winner of Sale/Chiefs in the final.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:05 pm
That’s correct he has
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:56 pm Genge
Youngs
Cole
Wells
Green
Liebenberg
Reffell
Weise
Youngs
Ford
Nadolo
Kelly
Moroni
Potter
Steward

De Bruin,Clare,Heyes,Lavinini,Martin,JVP,McPhillips,Murivalu
Absolutely spot on for me with Montoya the only potential at 16 if fit. Would prefer JMcP on the bench over Henry
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The gap has closed significantly between Exeter and Bristol, therefore I doubt Bristol will be resting that many players.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Honestly just looking forward to being able to go back to Welford Road!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni