BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Post by kk20gb30 »

Tom Youngs to appear before a Disciplinary Panel next Thursday (June 17) :

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/rf ... tom-210611
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 am https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ate-210611

There is a citing regarding Tom Youngs’ comments to Tempest. Personally I think Lam’s comments to Tempest about him being responsible for Afoa getting injured should result in a charge too.
I believe that there was some unacceptable language used which would be bleeped out. Irrespective of what has gone on, respect still needs to be shown in public and matters dealt with by due process.
Agreed, but in the moment that’s never going to be going through Youngs’ mind. He said what we will all thought anyway so…
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Unfortunately this is where the "system" lacks all credibility and I have every sympathy with the players.

The Club Captain's alleged misdemeanour is all over the media and the disciplinary proceedings will be played out in the public domain. On the other hand, the touchline chaos resulting from a complete loss of control by weak officials will be addressed under a veil of secrecy, if at all. This in an era where referees seemingly want to be seen as open, approachable, accountable and fair-minded - on first name terms with the players, many engaged with teams on a consultancy basis. Confused? I know I am.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Pat Lam named Global Reach Director of Rugby of the season :

https://www.talkingrugbyunion.co.uk/bri ... /30932.htm

Kind of ironic should charges be brought to bear , not holding my breath.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I see that the touch line debacle has been officially whitewashed. This is the clubs tweet today

In addition, the events towards the end of the Leicester Tigers v Bristol Bears match have been fully investigated.

No further charges will be brought, but warnings and reminders as to future conduct have been made and the matters are now closed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

At least we know its better to cheat from now on than swear!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer