BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by JP14 »

Tempest did bottle it, should have awarded us the penalty try.

A win in my eyes, and soooo good to be back. Us 6,400 that went made it sound like 25,000, good job!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Loob19 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:46 pm Whilst I’m extremely disappointed by the way that ended - not well handled by the officials.

I’m a little confused as to why Tigers didn’t kick to touch, their line out was rock solid with Montoya and Lavinini on the field. The maul would have given us greater odds of the try for me.

That or as Scott mentioned - go for the sticks and the draw.
Yet to see the game so I can only go on what has been reported. Having just read the report on the Tigers site, it says; quote:" As the scrum set for one final push, ball rolled loose and Bears kicked into touch to bring the final whistle."

That says to me that the Tigers lost control of the ball? Notwithstanding the shenanigans of Bristol and the player debating forum afterwards, it would appear that the game was lost on a mistake? The Tiger's dominance in the scrum was IMO the best option? Not the first time in recent game that the Tigers have coughed up the game. Despite another close loss, I am really chuffed with the turnaround and the mindset SB has instilled in the players since his arrival. Just need to take all these frustration out on Wasps next week and job done for this season.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm
RichieB wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:05 pm I haven’t seen a reply of the last scrum as I turned off in disgust (at the officials and gamesmanship). I thought their scrum half took the ball from the scrum, Wigglesworth certainly thought so too. If so, why hasn’t the TMO intervened due to foul play, should have been another yellow card.
I have watched it again and it's as clear as day! Uren takes the ball from in front of Wiese's feet.. clearly still in.. think Dickson had probably gone home by that point though :smt012
forget Dickson it was right in front of the plonker with the flag in his hand, the touch judge the other side would have called it
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:17 pm
Loob19 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:46 pm Whilst I’m extremely disappointed by the way that ended - not well handled by the officials.

I’m a little confused as to why Tigers didn’t kick to touch, their line out was rock solid with Montoya and Lavinini on the field. The maul would have given us greater odds of the try for me.

Yet to see the game so I can only go on what has been reported. Having just read the report on the Tigers site, it says; quote:" As the scrum set for one final push, ball rolled loose and Bears kicked into touch to bring the final whistle."

That says to me that the Tigers lost control of the ball? Notwithstanding the shenanigans of Bristol and the player debating forum afterwards, it would appear that the game was lost on a mistake? The Tiger's dominance in the scrum was IMO the best option? Not the first time in recent game that the Tigers have coughed up the game. Despite another close loss, I am really chuffed with the turnaround and the mindset SB has instilled in the players since his arrival. Just need to take all these frustration out on Wasps next week and job done for this season.
the report is wrong Wiese had the ball at his feet
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Well done Tigers all 23 of you played out of your skins today, You did us all proud you are all true Tigers through & through.
Lets go onto next weeks game & finish the job off, We can use the manner of todays loss in the way it turned out as reason to go out there & show again why this group of Tigers will not be put down.
Lets end this strange season with everyone in the Prem thinking again about playing This TIGERS team
:smt041
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

In my view, Tempest just wanted the game to be over as it was straying too far into a candidate to appear in the "What happens next" slot. TMO can intervene for foul play but not fouls if I understand it correctly. So, a punch or high tackle but not a foul as in picking out of a ruck. That he can do only if requested by the on-field official.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Will be interesting to see what happens with potential citing's after that scuffle.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:26 pm In my view, Tempest just wanted the game to be over as it was straying too far into a candidate to appear in the "What happens next" slot. TMO can intervene for foul play but not fouls if I understand it correctly. So, a punch or high tackle but not a foul as in picking out of a ruck. That he can do only if requested by the on-field official.
Agreed - the ref had lost it and just wanted the game over and done with

Not sure wiggs should have fed the ball into the final scrum as they clearly pushed early but even then Uren just blatantly picked the ball up when Wiese was still in control.

The main gamesmanship (as noted by others) was Lam and Ufoa clearly delaying any decision to give their pack a 5min respite from the scrum demolition we were giving them. Ufoa wasn’t getting up despite being told to get on the pitch by the Officials.

I’d imagine Ufoa, Lam and the Team Manager of Bristol will face sanctions but I also wonder if there is an actual rule they broke in the end which may mean they get off Scott free.

What a game though and another to put down on the list of “should have won” but most of those have been against teams supposedly far better than us so the improvement and evolution of the team js really exciting.

Next season more than a few teams will be worried about us getting into the top 4 again and turning the should have won’s into wins.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:26 pmThat he can do only if requested by the on-field official.
Tempest said at the end to our players he had asked the TMO to look at it, there was nothing wrong according to the TMO, hence the game was over.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 pm Will be interesting to see what happens with potential citing's after that scuffle.
My prediction - nothing clear and obvious so no-one gets cited.

The reason - to draw a veil over the performance and decisions of the match officials which will be the main objective of PRL and the administrators.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:55 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 pm Will be interesting to see what happens with potential citing's after that scuffle.

The reason - to draw a veil over the performance and decisions of the match officials which will be the main objective of PRL and the administrators.
My money with our luck is Genge and Wigg to get cited
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It shouldn't have come down to those last minutes, though. The dropped passes, forward passes and muffed line-outs in the first half meant we were not in the position we could have been.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:56 pm

Wiese, Leibenberg, Wells, Montoya as well just for being nearby
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:17 pm

The Tigers official website can't openly criticise the officials. They worded it according to what the ref gave at the time. Otherwise we'd be facing a sanction and with what kicked off at the end of the game we probably want to lay low. I'd imagine Borthwick will be hauled before the dock along with Lam to explain the touchline stuff. As for the fight at the end, well... I don't think people will be complaining about Wigglesworth playing next weekend as it looked like he landed a couple. No replays at the time so can't confirm.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:57 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:56 pm

Wiese, Leibenberg, Wells, Montoya as well just for being nearby
Add in Borthwick for being mean to the chosen one Lam.