BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by westwinds31 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 pm ‘Tigers staff accusing us of all sorts of things’
After the shambles of your team manager and staff’s recording of players coming off and being replaced. Afoa in Wigglesworth’s face...Hughes grabbing Genge. Classy.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

peteD wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:16 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:14 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 pm ‘Tigers staff accusing us of all sorts of things’
Borthwick did clearly accuse him of lying, seems Afoa was only meant to play 40 due to fitness as he was back early from an injury, so whilst he didn't go off injured during the game it was a risk for him to play any more then that, team manager ticking the wrong box it seems.

The explanation is plausible to be fair
Possibly true, but the team manager confirmed it was tactical before PL got involved
Then the fault lies with the team managers entry in the sheets. NOT with tigers.

Lam has not done himself any favours with his actions nor his excuses.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:17 pm
Borthwick did clearly accuse him of lying, seems Afoa was only meant to play 40 due to fitness as he was back early from an injury, so whilst he didn't go off injured during the game it was a risk for him to play any more then that, team manager ticking the wrong box it seems.

So they risked his health themselves and then had the audacity to say any further injury was on the refs shoulders? I don’t buy what they’re saying I’m afraid. And it was writ large across Lam’s face in the interview.
No Pat Lam was happy to go down to 13 and defend from there, the team manager ticking the wrong box caused the issue, at least if what Lam said is correct and I can't imagine many DoR's willingly going down to 13 on their own 5m line in that scenario.

Tigers staff had no impact
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

No it’s not. He’s either fit to return to the pitch or he isn’t. If they didn’t want him to come back on he should have been marked as an injury.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:20 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:17 pm

So they risked his health themselves and then had the audacity to say any further injury was on the refs shoulders? I don’t buy what they’re saying I’m afraid. And it was writ large across Lam’s face in the interview.
No Pat Lam was happy to go down to 13 and defend from there, the team manager ticking the wrong box caused the issue, at least if what Lam said is correct and I can't imagine many DoR's willingly going down to 13 on their own 5m line in that scenario.

Tigers staff had no impact
They do when that 5m scrum has been smashed so many times that any competent and fair (I leave it to the reader to pick which Tempest was not) referee would have given the penalty try for cynically not playing the scrum...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just why didn't we let them go down to 13?
Big Jasper off the back, suck 'em in and Wallop.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:22 pm

No it’s not. He’s either fit to return to the pitch or he isn’t. If they didn’t want him to come back on he should have been marked as an injury.
well I would suspect that Lam will be having that exact discussion with his team manager, and that he should have marked it as injury in the first place
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:23 pm Just why didn't we let them go down to 13?
could we do that? could we put a back at 8 in the scrum or does it have to be our pack?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Surely Lam will be cited for bringing the game into disrepute, his lying was clearly heard whist on camera.
Post match interview he had changed his story but continued to lie.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Thomas wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:25 pm Surely Lam will be cited for bringing the game into disrepute, his lying was clearly heard whist on camera.
Well, Deano got 3 years for Blood gate, card gate has to be in that ballpark...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:23 pm Just why didn't we let them go down to 13?
More the principle I guess.
When someone is cheating right in front of you it's hard to let them get away with it even if the other option might be favourable (Although Bristol did an early push and the ball wasn't out the scrum anyway)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Thomas wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:25 pm Surely Lam will be cited for bringing the game into disrepute, his lying was clearly heard whist on camera.
That’s the key. He either clearly lied to the officials, or, he put a player he had vehemently said was injured back on to the pitch.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:26 pm
More the principle I guess.
When someone is cheating right in front of you it's hard to let them get away with it even if the other option might be favourable (Although Bristol did an early push and the ball wasn't out the scrum anyway)
Again, it was only a matter of time before even Tempest would start to worry about his reputation and award the penalty try...
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:24 pm
could we do that? could we put a back at 8 in the scrum or does it have to be our pack?
I think so..... It's less dubious than Bristol's antics.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Wow! On the way home ! What went on ? Need to catch up on it all!! From where we sat it looked like 5/6 scrum penalties on the trot and we were all expecting a penalty try ...total chaos at the end