BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by Noggs »

I've put my name forward :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Noggs wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:45 pm I've put my name forward :smt040
I'm sure you'll be excellent, you have some stiff competition though :smt044 :smt044
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

In the land of the blind...... :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Having watched the game it is very clear if we kick as often and as poorly against Bristol we will probably get humped, we rarely string two passes together in the backs, every ball is kicked away in the backs hoping the opposition will make a mistake, that is not going to work this weekend, nor likely to work the weekend after either.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 pm Having watched the game it is very clear if we kick as often and as poorly against Bristol we will probably get humped, we rarely string two passes together in the backs, every ball is kicked away in the backs hoping the opposition will make a mistake, that is not going to work this weekend, nor likely to work the weekend after either.
:smt023
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m hopeful that if we go “full strength” that we can go close against Bristol. We know they’re going to run pretty much everything from everywhere so as long as our defence out wide stays strong we should be ok. I recall with a mix and match side we were in the game at Ashton Gate until the yellow card and caused them a few problems second half. Of course tackles have to be made, one miss and they’re in, like Wiese’s miss on Hill at the weekend.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 pm Having watched the game it is very clear if we kick as often and as poorly against Bristol we will probably get humped, we rarely string two passes together in the backs, every ball is kicked away in the backs hoping the opposition will make a mistake, that is not going to work this weekend, nor likely to work the weekend after either.
Nothing probable about it I fear our lack of a Plan B will come home to roost on Saturday. Looking forward to being at Welford Rd hoping for the best, fearful of the worse. Come on Tigerrsss :smt038
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Got my tickets ...just bring it on ✊
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:02 am I’m hopeful that if we go “full strength” that we can go close against Bristol. We know they’re going to run pretty much everything from everywhere so as long as our defence out wide stays strong we should be ok. I recall with a mix and match side we were in the game at Ashton Gate until the yellow card and caused them a few problems second half. Of course tackles have to be made, one miss and they’re in, like Clare’s miss in Hill at the weekend.
Agree with this. Bristol are currently top of the table, we are at home and perfectly capable of turning them over. It's a good test for us. We were competitive for most of the match at their place and closer than the final scoreline suggests. We should go full strength and, possibly, adjust the game plan a little so they have less opportunity of running kicks back at us. I'm hoping Montoya is ready for involvement and that we have space to include some of our best tacklers and workhorses like Green, Martin and Wells in the forwards. Moroni, if he's fit, in the backs. Missed tackles against Bristol will be punished. Incidentally, it was not Clare who missed the tackle on Hill. It was Wiese. Hill ran right through Weise and then right over Henry. Hill had an impressive game, but that was a soft try for us to concede.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Systonite wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:23 am
westwinds31 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:02 am I’m hopeful that if we go “full strength” that we can go close against Bristol. We know they’re going to run pretty much everything from everywhere so as long as our defence out wide stays strong we should be ok. I recall with a mix and match side we were in the game at Ashton Gate until the yellow card and caused them a few problems second half. Of course tackles have to be made, one miss and they’re in, like Clare’s miss in Hill at the weekend.
Agree with this. Bristol are currently top of the table, we are at home and perfectly capable of turning them over. It's a good test for us. We were competitive for most of the match at their place and closer than the final scoreline suggests. We should go full strength and, possibly, adjust the game plan a little so they have less opportunity of running kicks back at us. I'm hoping Montoya is ready for involvement and that we have space to include some of our best tacklers and workhorses like Green, Martin and Wells in the forwards. Moroni, if he's fit, in the backs. Missed tackles against Bristol will be punished. Incidentally, it was not Clare who missed the tackle on Hill. It was Wiese. Hill ran right through Weise and then right over Henry. Hill had an impressive game, but that was a soft try for us to concede.
Going to need a Sale like performance for the 80. Bristol are vulnerable to pressure. I think the Tigers will a job on them at the set piece. A 'kick-tennis' plan will only allow the Bears into the game given their propensity to run from anywhere given half a chance. A big tackle game is required from the Tigers. Tigers to win by 5. :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bristol by 7 in a high scoring game where we get 2 points.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Luatua, Randall and Purdey all fit!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Noggs wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:45 pm I've put my name forward :smt040
Dear Noggs,
Thank you for you application but you are far too sensible. And anyway, we have now moved the game to a mainstream channel BTsport 3,
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Referee: Ian Tempest (89th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Hamish Smales & Rob Warburton. TMO: Karl Dickson. Citing Officer: Brian Campsall.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why isnt Hamish Smales getting more games in charge?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer