PREMIERSHIP ROUND 20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PREMIERSHIP ROUND 20

Post by chewbacca »

Gave up second half. Lambs to the slaughter. No contest to watch.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:31 pm Havnt watched it but that’s a disgraceful scoreline!
Why is it a disgraceful scoreline, Exeter played well, Newcastle put out a second string team, Exeter playing at home in good weather and home fans.
Without having seen it I could not call it disgraceful.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:07 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:31 pm Havnt watched it but that’s a disgraceful scoreline!
Why is it a disgraceful scoreline, Exeter played well, Newcastle put out a second string team, Exeter playing at home in good weather and home fans.
Without having seen it I could not call it disgraceful.
Of course it’s a disgrace! They’ve put the white flag up and surrendered!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

When the league starts I expect that everyone thinks they can win it, but I reckon some players with little left to play for could find it tough to get motivated towards the end of the season with no relegation and might just be going through the motions.
Coaches might start trying to plan and try aspiring players who could either show up or be exposed.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BFG wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:58 pm When the league starts I expect that everyone thinks they can win it, but I reckon some players with little left to play for could find it tough to get motivated towards the end of the season with no relegation and might just be going through the motions.
Coaches might start trying to plan and try aspiring players who could either show up or be exposed.
This is the first hammering this season and it’s nearly seasons end! The season has been fantastic with lots still to play for. The “ringfencing will kill the league as a competition and as a spectacle” crowd need a cloth to wipe that egg off all their faces 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

On the other hand ring fencing doesn’t guarantee top European qualification: look at the league table today: 5-8 position in reach of quite a few clubs.
Ring fencing gives clubs a chance to blood some youngsters and gives teams a chance to manage their business after Covid.
There should still be a way a team in The Championship can get promoted if all the right boxes are ticked but I’m not the one to sort that out!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:43 pm On the other hand ring fencing doesn’t guarantee top European qualification: look at the league table today: 5-8 position in reach of quite a few clubs.
Ring fencing gives clubs a chance to blood some youngsters and gives teams a chance to manage their business after Covid.
There should still be a way a team in The Championship can get promoted if all the right boxes are ticked but I’m not the one to sort that out!!
Maybe ringfence for 3-5 years?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anything on whether Biggar has been cited yet?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only 7 penalties conceded,good discipline! Think Wuss should’ve had another yellow when they played the ball on the floor but Dickson gave the penalty the other way. Still struggling to get over that call 😂
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

An under-strength Newcastle side but Exeter still looked mighty efficient.Home Semi Finals still beckon for all of the current tor 3 with much to be decided and Chiefs still to play Sale at home in the Premiership's final round.Keep watching ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Biggar gets away without a citing,very lucky!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 am Biggar gets away without a citing,very lucky!
That teflon suit comes in handy again :smt044 :smt023
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

fentiger wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:25 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 am Biggar gets away without a citing,very lucky!
That teflon suit comes in handy again :smt044 :smt023
The Welsh seem to have the same tailor as the kiwis...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Despite Tigers not featuring, the semi-finals are going to be really interesting this season. Bristol have been excellent pretty much all year, but I get the feeling that teams are starting to work out a way of nullifying them. Sale literally just committed someone to every breakdown to slow the ball up, or in some cases turn the ball over. If you can run with them in terms of getting your defence right as well, you've got a chance. Sale really have all the weapons to win the whole thing I think. A strong set piece, dynamic ball carriers, hard hitters and the X factor in De Klerk/Manu. If Bristol ended up playing Sale, I couldn't call it. Then there's Exeter, who haven't reached the heights of last season, but on their day can beat anyone. You'd think that Baxter would have the fired up in the knockout stages, they won't want to give up their title easily. Then there's Quins. It's like Keegan's Newcastle...you score 50, we'll score 60. I don't think they can sort out their defence in a couple of weeks, so while they might still score tries, I don't see them beating any of the other 3 contenders. Should be a cracking couple of games and a decent final.