Very interesting and enjoyable little watch:

https://youtu.be/6YPVsR75HpA
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Ben Kayser

Post by Noggs »

Thanks for posting this.

We loved him when he played for Tigers and clearly it was mutual. He has had an interesting career and comes across as a rely nice bloke. Not sure what he is doing now but I would have thought he would have good potential as a scrums coach.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Noggs wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:04 am Thanks for posting this.

We loved him when he played for Tigers and clearly it was mutual. He has had an interesting career and comes across as a rely nice bloke. Not sure what he is doing now but I would have thought he would have good potential as a scrums coach.
He's doing media work now and he's well worth a listen. Talks lots of sense, clearly understands the game to a high level and has a good sense of humour. He's on the Good, the Bad the Rugby YouTube thing with Tindall and Gengey this week talking Tigers. I'd highly recommend catching that, he tells some good stories about Whitey amongst other things.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Thanks for the heads up :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:50 am

He's doing media work now and he's well worth a listen. Talks lots of sense, clearly understands the game to a high level and has a good sense of humour. He's on the Good, the Bad the Rugby YouTube thing with Tindall and Gengey this week talking Tigers. I'd highly recommend catching that, he tells some good stories about Whitey amongst other things.
Agree. Excellent show on tigers this week. Kayser speaks very well. Significantly better than many other pundits where English is their first language!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:50 am

Agree. Excellent show on tigers this week. Kayser speaks very well. Significantly better than many other pundits where English is their first language!
Definitely. He's clearly an intelligent bloke. Just wish he'd stayed at Tigers longer. Hopefully we see more of him on rugby coverage in the UK, he did some of the 6N games and there seemed to be a lot of positive feedback to those appearances.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I agree with the comments about Benji's punditry - really insightful. I think I read somewhere that he spent time in the US when he was younger, hence his really good English.
The Good, the Bad and the Rugby episode with Geordan Murphy is also worth a listen - Murph went to his wedding and had an encounter with Benji's dad!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

"A cosmopolitan man, born in Paris but with a chunk of his childhood spent between the US and Asia"

In the video he said that he first played rugby in Hong Kong.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

He is commentating the game on France 3 this evening!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

All too short a time here .A fine player , fondly remembered.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:13 am All too short a time here .A fine player , fondly remembered.
Kayser told the story of how he was signed. Pichot acting as an agent for Hernandez- trying to get him the move to Tigers- ends up sitting next to Kayser in the stand at Stade and asks him what’s he’s doing next. Kayser has no idea so Pichot just texts Cohen and asks him what he thinks. Deal done before they play Tigers in the Champions cup a few weeks later!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Great player, great guy and as others have intimated, his English is better than most of us local Leicesterites!!
Soggypitch
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I wish I could master French like he could English.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm I wish I could master French like he could English.
With you there 100%
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Oh goodness. What a great bloke. I loved him when he was with us - sort of epitomises ‘once a Tiger, always a Tiger’.