Premiership Week 19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Week 19

Post by JP14 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 pm I don’t recall a TMO getting as involved in minutae as this fella tonight

He’s reffing it for Dickson
Sounded like Christophe Ridley. To be fair to him when Dickson is reffing you have to chirp in there otherwise nothing will get blown up.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Clearly there’s something about the Rec which makes a Wiese chuck someone by the shirt and get penalised for it. :smt003
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:58 pm Why is Sanderson so unlikable?
Ever since the tone deaf Taylor swift quote it’s hard not to dislike him.

I know this is a can of worms but the thing that annoys me about the Saracens saga that doesn’t seem to get mentioned is how well the coaches have done out of the cheating.

Sanderson & Gustard got top roles in English rugby because they were successful coaches which in part was due to them being part of a cheating outfit.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:30 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 pm I don’t recall a TMO getting as involved in minutae as this fella tonight

He’s reffing it for Dickson
Sounded like Christophe Ridley. To be fair to him when Dickson is reffing you have to chirp in there otherwise nothing will get blown up.
It was Ridley
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

SthrnTiger wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:30 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:58 pm Why is Sanderson so unlikable?
Ever since the tone deaf Taylor swift quote it’s hard not to dislike him.

I know this is a can of worms but the thing that annoys me about the Saracens saga that doesn’t seem to get mentioned is how well the coaches have done out of the cheating.

Sanderson & Gustard got top roles in English rugby because they were successful coaches which in part was due to them being part of a cheating outfit.
There are 2 people at Tigers who fit in the same bracket let's not forget, although it suits a lot of people to ignore that part of their past.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sale leave it late ,but get the job done - a good result for ourselves.It will be interesting to see how many of their squad are involved with the Springboks come the Lions series.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

According to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57100866

The Du Preez twins, Oosthuizen, de Jager and de Klerk are in the Springboks plans, with Akker van der Merwe being considered too. Surprised that Oosthuizen is being considered to be honest. I would have C. Wiese in there too.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 am According to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57100866

The Du Preez twins, Oosthuizen, de Jager and de Klerk are in the Springboks plans, with Akker van der Merwe being considered too. Surprised that Oosthuizen is being considered to be honest. I would have C. Wiese in there too.
Yeah Cobus Weise is a classy player. Hopefully his brother is telling him it's much better down in Leicestershire. Problem for him is the ridiculous level of talent in the SA engine room. Snyman, de Jaeger, Etzebeth and Mostert are all in the row and then you've got PDST at blindside and maybe Mostert could slow into that role as well. That's before you look at the range of other monsters they could select. C Weise, J Plessis (Montpellier), our own Liebenburg, J Jenkins and that's just off the top of my head of lock and 6s. The Bok pack talent is immense.

If Cobus Weise gets overlooked for a couple more years then I can imagine that England might enquire as to whether he feels like changing allegiances.

I'm interested to see if Rassie sticks with the world champion players or whether he starts looking and rejuvenating the side to bring in some of the younger talent. Duane Vermulen is now 34 and 35 in early July. The Beast and Louw are already retired so some new names will have to come in.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How good was JP Du Preez last night too? Hope Snyman is like that for us!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 am How good was JP Du Preez last night too? Hope Snyman is like that for us!
Snyman is a slightly different type of player to JP du Preez. The latter is a lineout forward, whereas Synman is more of a nuts and bolts player around the ruck and carrying in the tight I think.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:13 am
JP14 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 am According to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57100866

Yeah Cobus Weise is a classy player. Hopefully his brother is telling him it's much better down in Leicestershire. Problem for him is the ridiculous level of talent in the SA engine room. Snyman, de Jaeger, Etzebeth and Mostert are all in the row and then you've got PDST at blindside and maybe Mostert could slow into that role as well. That's before you look at the range of other monsters they could select. C Weise, J Plessis (Montpellier), our own Liebenburg, J Jenkins and that's just off the top of my head of lock and 6s. The Bok pack talent is immense.

If Cobus Weise gets overlooked for a couple more years then I can imagine that England might enquire as to whether he feels like changing allegiances.

I'm interested to see if Rassie sticks with the world champion players or whether he starts looking and rejuvenating the side to bring in some of the younger talent. Duane Vermulen is now 34 and 35 in early July. The Beast and Louw are already retired so some new names will have to come in.
There’s ridiculous talent in the engine room but also a bit of an injury crisis.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I guess Oosthuizen is being looked at for two reasons: Springbok depth at tighthead isn’t brilliant and also knowhow of how particularly the English Lions contingent will play.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:37 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:22 am How good was JP Du Preez last night too? Hope Snyman is like that for us!
Snyman is a slightly different type of player to JP du Preez. The latter is a lineout forward, whereas Synman is more of a nuts and bolts player around the ruck and carrying in the tight I think.
Thanks! When I first read it I thought we had signed RG!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:40 am I guess Oosthuizen is being looked at for two reasons: Springbok depth at tighthead isn’t brilliant and also knowhow of how particularly the English Lions contingent will play.
I think he’s been poor at Sale if I’m honest. Poors a bit harsh,how long has he been at TH now?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:43 am
JP14 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:37 am
Thanks! When I first read it I thought we had signed RG!
I think most of us got all hopeful when the headline Snyman signs for Tigers came up. Having said that he's been injured a lot for Munster.

Borthwick likes a big work rate and set piece skill in his locks so I assume that those are both box ticks for our Snyman.