Premiership Week 19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Premiership Week 19

Post by kk20gb30 »

Begins this evening (Fri 14 May) and concludes on Tuesday May 18 with fan attendance in the final 3 games :

Fri 14 May

Bath VS Sale ; 19:45

Sat 15 May :

Wasps VS Worcester Warriors ;15:00
Leicester Tigers Vs Harlequins ; 15:30

Mon 17 May :

Newcastle Falcons VS Northampton Saints ;19:30
Bristol Vs Gloucester ;19:45

Tue May 17

London Irish Vs Exeter Chiefs ; 19:45

Will be nice to hear some crowd noise from Monday .......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Week 19

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I still think Worcester refusing to move the game to Monday when they have the following weekend off is a Shocker!

Obviously we couldn't move it due to the final.

And I get logistically it's complicated moving Bath v Sale after the Semifinal result, but for Worcester to refuse is a shocker IMO... stopping a fellow club getting gate income at this time is poor

I really hope Wasps destroy Worcester (even if it may hinder us a bit)
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think it's pretty poor that Sale and Worcester blocked their games being moved to prevent some home advantage to Bath and Wasps.
There is a much bigger picture here, and Quins were willing to move our match had we not made the final.

No excuses over midweek schedules being very hard to manage given it's a European finals weekend....
Less is more....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bunchy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 am I think it's pretty poor that Sale and Worcester blocked their games being moved to prevent some home advantage to Bath and Wasps.
There is a much bigger picture here, and Quins were willing to move our match had we not made the final.

No excuses over midweek schedules being very hard to manage given it's a European finals weekend....
How do you know that the Clubs blocked the move of the games? It could have been BT that required the games to be kept as scheduled to fit in with their programming. If this is the case I would not see it as a big issue as BT have been excellent in broadcasting all matches live during the pandemic.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:32 am
Bunchy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 am I think it's pretty poor that Sale and Worcester blocked their games being moved to prevent some home advantage to Bath and Wasps.

How do you know that the Clubs blocked the move of the games? It could have been BT that required the games to be kept as scheduled to fit in with their programming. If this is the case I would not see it as a big issue as BT have been excellent in broadcasting all matches live during the pandemic.
Wasps have come out and Stated Worcester refused to reschedule the fixture. I assumed the Bath fixture was down to waiting on the Semifinal result, but not wanting to change it too late.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... a-20453257

An article re. Worcester refusing to allow the fixture to be moved because they feel they need the extra 2 day break with the week off... In my opinion that is excedingly poor.... so their players need a 14 day break (rather than 12) despite not having been involved in the latter rounds of European rugby.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 pm https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... a-20453257

An article re. Worcester refusing to allow the fixture to be moved because they feel they need the extra 2 day break with the week off... In my opinion that is excedingly poor.... so their players need a 14 day break (rather than 12) despite not having been involved in the latter rounds of European rugby.
So rather than have an extended rest from their last game Worcester would deny Wasps supporter the chance to attend the game, pretty poor showing . I'm surprised the premiership rugby organizers and BT didn't insist on the fixture being moved. Worcester's players would still get a week and a half off after the game even if it was played on the Tuesday.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Extremely shoddy by Worcester. Shame on them.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wasps are rightly miffed, exceedingly poor from Worcester I hope they get a right old stuffing for it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Is the worlds worse TH starting for Bath tonight? 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:29 pm Is the worlds worse TH starting for Bath tonight? 😜
Looks like it :smt023
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

How has no one called that forward!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great game so far!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:29 pm Is the worlds worse TH starting for Bath tonight? 😜
Looks like it :smt023
Paul Doran-Jones is a better scrummager 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Fancy being a TH and being scared of scrummaging 😭