Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Travel from the Stafford area.

Post by StaffordTiger »

Hello one and all.

It's been a long time since I've posted on here.

After a lengthy time away from Welford Road due to work commitments I'm looking to get a season ticket again and get back to it.

Unfortunately not many of my friends like the game, so I was wondering if any folks on here know of any supporters clubs that travel to Welford Road on matchdays via coach or train from the Stafford area.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Travel from the Stafford area.

Post by StaffordTiger »

Bump.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Have you posted on the Facebook fans group?
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

When I lived in Stafford (7 or so years ago) I never did manage to find such a group, I usually did end up on the same train as a big group that joined at Nuneaton though.

The train takes a couple of hours from memory and there are a couple of different routes, the national rail enquiries app or website works it out well for you.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Jay1972

Post by Jay1972 »

I live in Stafford and my wife and myself have been season ticket holders for 10 years now, I tend to drive which takes about an hour and 20 mins on a good run although that depends on how clogged the Narborough Road is!

We do get the train now and again, you can either get to Bham New Street and get a connection there or to Nuneaton. Nuneaton is better when coming back but trains from Leicester are packed coming back with literally just 2 carriages. Tend to run both services hourly, depending on connections you can get to Leicester in just over an hour.

Keep in touch, can’t promise anything as depends what the new world pre covid looks like but might be able to give you a lift.