Premiership Week 18

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Ian Cant »

No doubt and Ugo making excuses. There was no attempt to wrap. Red for me all day never mind about new rules. Our centre, forgotten his name, got sent off at Wasps years ago when we then went on to win with 14 thanks to Adam Thomo’s try. I remember shouting myself hoarse at the Ricoh.
Ugo would have been moaning like hell if he’d taken such a hit when playing for Quins.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Try number 5,rolling maul Ben Earl. Kerr having a good cameo 35-20
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm No doubt and Ugo making excuses. There was no attempt to wrap. Red for me all day never mind about new rules. Our centre, forgotten his name, got sent off at Wasps years ago when we then went on to win with 14 thanks to Adam Thomo’s try. I remember shouting myself hoarse at the Ricoh.
Ugo would have been moaning like hell if he’d taken such a hit when playing for Quins.
Seremai Bai was the player who got sent off.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great finish Malins,really hope Bristol win the league! 40-20 HT
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Malins is becoming a super player, but is he becoming a utility back, I think he should be played at FH. Was Sinckler really MOM, or was it a sympathy vote?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Great interview by him.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:27 pm Malins is becoming a super player, but is he becoming a utility back, I think he should be played at FH. Was Sinckler really MOM, or was it a sympathy vote?
Tbf him destroying the Bath scrum was pivotal in them getting into the match I think the first 4 or 5 scrum penalties all from him on his side of the scrum one of which was a penalty try.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:31 pm Great interview by him.
Agreed, some people question how much the Lions means to the players. Just show them that interview. He really is devastated to be left out but credit to him he channelled it well today and was very good. As TFS says his scrum work was crucial to the victory.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Watched it late. Was a bit worried at 15-0 to Bath but what a match. Great comeback by Bristol.. they really are the standout team this season and I hope they go on to win it. Thought Pearce had a decent game and got the big decisions right. Great to see the penalty try and yellow. Lots of refs wouldn’t have been as bold.

Bath get nothing and Irish only got 1 point so our position in the table is pretty much unchanged. Still only 4 points off 6th.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:47 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:31 pm Great interview by him.
Agreed, some people question how much the Lions means to the players. Just show them that interview. He really is devastated to be left out but credit to him he channelled it well today and was very good. As TFS says his scrum work was crucial to the victory.
https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 61826?s=21

If anyone hasn’t seen the interview, there it is on the above link.

I mean it’s hard not to feel emotional at that to be honest, the Lions is one of the hugest accolades in our sport. It’s really good to see the growth in him, the fact he’s such a good scrummager now and his levelheadedness has come on in spades. I do think Gatland has made a mistake in not naming him in his initial squad and boy did Sinckler prove that today.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Personally , I was surprised by Sinckler's Omission . Matured tremendously in every aspect recently ..
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Overall, certainly no lack of points on this weekends fixtures thus far.Surprised by the performance of Gloucester or was it the 'no show' by 'Saints ?
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Looked to me like more of a no-show from Saints.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

slow start, Biggar got injured no chance after.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Quins 24 Wasps 22 HT. Wasps win would mean we are down to 9th
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina