Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm For those asking why we weren't competing at line outs in our own 22 last night, that was why.
Not sure anyone was asking about lineouts in our own 22. I was questioning why we didn't challenge a lineout in their half 15s before the HT whistle.. a bit like one against Saints a few weeks ago. Inside our own 22 is a different matter
Probably similar, no reason to let them start a whistled march down the field and go in even further behind at HT.
Look at Montpellier Bath though.. ultimately you could argue Montpellier won by challenging at the lineout. It's a fine line but for me with 15s to go to HT or FT and we are behind (as was the case vs Saints and Sale) why give them a free lineout which they are only going to recycle and kick out which is the end of the match. That was my point.. in both these cases it seemed very strange to me
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Not sure anyone was asking about lineouts in our own 22. I was questioning why we didn't challenge a lineout in their half 15s before the HT whistle.. a bit like one against Saints a few weeks ago. Inside our own 22 is a different matter
Probably similar, no reason to let them start a whistled march down the field and go in even further behind at HT.
Look at Montpellier Bath though.. ultimately you could argue Montpellier won by challenging at the lineout. It's a fine line but for me with 15s to go to HT or FT and we are behind (as was the case vs Saints and Sale) why give them a free lineout which they are only going to recycle and kick out which is the end of the match. That was my point.. in both these cases it seemed very strange to me
Perhaps consider how we lost against Bath, penalty, line out, penalty, lineout, try I suspect that particular meltdown is stuck in the players' heads still.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:33 pm How did we lose at home to Saints?!
Been a very mixed season with everyone beating everyone. Seems that one thing is a certainty.. whether home or away teams seem to put out a full strength side vs us expecting to get the win. As SB has said winning and losing becomes a habit. I still think we are in the habit of losing. We have had some very impressive performances this season already but we should have beaten Bath and Saints. If we had won those 2 matches perhaps last night might have been different. We are lacking in confidence but the second half against Ulster showed what we can do. I think if we can beat Montpellier it could be a real turning point for us
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Perhaps consider how we lost against Bath, penalty, line out, penalty, lineout, try I suspect that particular meltdown is stuck in the players' heads still.
Those penalties were inexcusable and the reason we lost to Bath (imho) is because of an unnecessary push by Heyes and Heyes and Wiese getting involved in a scuffle when they should have walked away. The reason we lost to Bath has nothing to do with competing or not at the lineout
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thought you couldn’t kick the ball out the ruck?! 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

This game is pretty average as are Saints on this showing! Have they put out a B team?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:09 pm This game is pretty average as are Saints on this showing! Have they put out a B team?
Was just thinking,why couldn’t this Saints team have turned up at WR?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:11 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:09 pm This game is pretty average as are Saints on this showing! Have they put out a B team?
Was just thinking,why couldn’t this Saints team have turned up at WR?!
And the Bath team that played Montpellier..
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Well there’s no way Saints are winning this.. game set and match
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Saints being destroyed!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Those penalties were inexcusable and the reason we lost to Bath (imho) is because of an unnecessary push by Heyes and Heyes and Wiese getting involved in a scuffle when they should have walked away. The reason we lost to Bath has nothing to do with competing or not at the lineout
The point is they were penalties and going up for a tussle against Sale's lineout seems a sure fire way to give away penalties.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chiefs 5-10 Wuss
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat May 08, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Newcastle 14-8 LI
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat May 08, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TBP,Rees Zammitt
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Offside but he’s given it, nope he was actually on. He’s just that fast 😂