Premiership Week 18

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Premiership Week 18

Post by kk20gb30 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 am

Fixtures for the weekend of Saturday May 8 & Sunday May 9:


Northampton Saints Vs Gloucester , Kick off 14:00


Exeter Chiefs Vs Worcester Warriors , Kick off 15:00


Newcastle Falcons Vs London Irish , Kick off 15:00


Bath Vs Bristol , Kick off 15:00

Sunday May 9 :

Harlequins Vs Wasps , Kick off 15:00


Saturday's highlight for me Bath Vs Bristol......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility ......... Not long or far to go now......

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2409
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Could do with wins from Saints, Exeter, Newcastle, Bristol and Quins to keep us in the mix
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 pm

OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 pm
Could do with wins from Saints, Exeter, Newcastle, Bristol and Quins to keep us in the mix
Think we are playing for 8th or 9th mate

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2409
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 pm
Could do with wins from Saints, Exeter, Newcastle, Bristol and Quins to keep us in the mix
Think we are playing for 8th or 9th mate
Perhaps but Bath only 2 points above us with a tough game today and Irish only 3 above so all still to play for
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2409
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:17 pm

So Glos looking pretty sharp early on away to Saints!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2905
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by kpj tiger » Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Biggar down with a head injury :smt009

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:26 pm

A Gloc win isn’t good for us at all! COYS!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Do the Challenge Cup winners qualify for next years RCC? And if we finished outside the top 8 but won the CC does that mean 8th place in our league loses out?

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:33 pm

How did we lose at home to Saints?!

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 809
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Crofty » Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm

For those asking why we weren't competing at line outs in our own 22 last night, that was why.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

"I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?"

SthrnTiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by SthrnTiger » Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm
Do the Challenge Cup winners qualify for next years RCC? And if we finished outside the top 8 but won the CC does that mean 8th place in our league loses out?

Yes both true.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 pm

SthrnTiger wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm
Do the Challenge Cup winners qualify for next years RCC? And if we finished outside the top 8 but won the CC does that mean 8th place in our league loses out?

Yes both true.
Thanks! 👍

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2409
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Crofty wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm
For those asking why we weren't competing at line outs in our own 22 last night, that was why.
Not sure anyone was asking about lineouts in our own 22. I was questioning why we didn't challenge a lineout in their half 15s before the HT whistle.. a bit like one against Saints a few weeks ago. Inside our own 22 is a different matter
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 809
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Crofty » Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 pm

OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm
Crofty wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:36 pm
For those asking why we weren't competing at line outs in our own 22 last night, that was why.
Not sure anyone was asking about lineouts in our own 22. I was questioning why we didn't challenge a lineout in their half 15s before the HT whistle.. a bit like one against Saints a few weeks ago. Inside our own 22 is a different matter
Probably similar, no reason to let them start a whistled march down the field and go in even further behind at HT.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

"I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?"

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7404
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Premiership Week 18

Post by Scott1 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Nayavoro is a very poor mans Nadolo 😂

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leicestertinytiger, peteD and 2 guests